PDA

View Full Version : i'm new

lin
22-02-05, 12:46
hi all

My name is linda i'm from the uk married with 3 boys. I have been suffering from panic /anxiety attacks for 3 yrs only had 2 in those 3 yrs recently had sickness and diarreha {sorry} with that had my 2nd panic attack it was horrible. 10 days it lasted couldn't sleep,eat go out much my husband is at home at the moment form work with bad back he has been great. It was only by chance i found this site and i'm glad i did. i hope thats enough

bye 4 now
lin

lisarose
22-02-05, 13:00
Hi Linda and welcome to the site.

Sorry you have been so poorly and hope you are on the mend. You will find this site really helpful and everyone is very friendly and supportive. I have only been here a week and it has helped me so much in understanding anxiety and panic attacks. It is very reassuring to know that everyone here understands what it is like and you don't feel like you are on your own with your problems. It is good that you have a supportive husband as my other half couln't cope with my illness to begin with and I felt very much on my own but he is a lot more understanding now since looking on this site and he now knows that I'm not crazy and that lot's of other people suffer too. I am doing a lot better since starting new medication and seem to have the panic attacks under control but still suffer from general anxiety.

Take care and you will get there in the end!

Love Lisa

Madwoman
22-02-05, 14:31
Hi lin,

Im madwoman, I have suffered panic attacks/anxiety for just over a year I havent had a really bad one since before christmas but when I do have a bad one they last 3 to 7 days and they are awful, they make me scared, withdrawn and i loose my confidence (apart from the fact im having a heart attack).

I do find they tend to be worse when I am overtired, have low blood sugar or have been drinking alchohol.

The site is great, you'll get loads of support like I have, it reassuring that youre not the only one if nothing else.

love Trace xx

pips
22-02-05, 15:49
Hi Linda,

A big warm welcone to the site. You will find lots of help and support here.

Take Care

Love PIP'S X

clickaway
22-02-05, 17:19
Welcome Lin,

I've only been on this site a couple of weeks and I have found it to be tremendously supportive.

I'm sure you will too.

We are all here to help each other.

Take Care,

Ray

seh1980
22-02-05, 17:21
Welcome aboard Lin!! :D

Tracy68
22-02-05, 17:51
Hi Lin
Welcome to the site. You'll find everyone on here really friendly and great at listening and helping you through the bad times.
Take care
Tracy
xx

nomorepanic
22-02-05, 18:17
Hi Lin

Welcome aboard - hope to hear some more from you.

Are you on any medication or have you managed to get any CBT atall?

A good starting place is Meg's First Steps post - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm

Nicola

FAN
22-02-05, 18:20
hi welcome to the forum im sure you will find it really helpful

fan x

Karen
22-02-05, 18:39
Hi Lin

Welcome to the site.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
22-02-05, 19:44
Hi Lin ,

You might want to recall what it was about having your D+V that sparked off your panic attack.

I doubt that being in panic mode lasted the 10 days but the after effects of feeling scared and faint and spaced out certainly can.
Welcome and hope we can help you to put them behind you.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

bubbles
23-02-05, 00:19
Lin,

Welcome to the forum.
I hope that you will find it as helpful as I Have. Everyone is friendly & supportive.

Good to hear that your husband is supportive. Hope his back is soon better.

Linda. x (another bad back sufferer!)

jo-jo
23-02-05, 20:48
Hiya Lin

Welcome to the forum - you're sure to find lots of help and advice here from people who really do understand what you're going through.

Best wishes
Jo xx

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"