PDA

View Full Version : inositol

sadness
22-02-05, 13:48
Hello everyone,

I've being suffering from OCD for the last couple of years. I haven't been officially diagnosed by a psychiatrist as such, but all the ocd symptoms are there. I had recently visited my GP and a hospital's mental health unit for advise and at both visits it was suggested to me to try paroxetine. I've heard so much about all the SSRI'S drugs ( especially paroxetine ) and their side effects, and i'm scared of trying one. So, after a lot of searching on the internet for an alternative medicine, i happen to find lot's of sites about this part of the vitamin B complex, called inositol ( it is supposed to be quite helpful, especially in high dosages ).

Has anyone here tried it and if so where can i get it here in the UK ( i've come across american sites only who can supply it )

Many thanks

FAN
22-02-05, 19:34
hi, sorry i cant help you on that one i think meg will be the best person to advise you on that but flick through the forum any way there might be something posted about it

fan x

nomorepanic
22-02-05, 19:42
Hiya Sadness

Welcome aboard the forum.

Are you looking for pure Inositol or in a vitamin B complex?

Nicola

Meg
22-02-05, 22:32
Hi,

Its manufactured in the body, taken in by a nutritional diet , works with Vit B and plays a part in the glucose balance that you'll see posted elsewhere on here.

There is very little knowledge about it really especially the true therapeutic dose range and the long term effects.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

sadness
23-02-05, 11:12
<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">Hiya Sadness

Welcome aboard the forum.

Are you looking for pure Inositol or in a vitamin B complex?

Nicola

<div align="right">Originally posted by nomorepanic - 22 February 2005 : 19:42:57</div id="right">
</td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">

Hi Nicola,

It's pure inositol, especially in powder form that i'm after ( i know i can find it in capsules in the UK, but i can't get it in powder ).

Would you happen to know where i can get it from in this country?

Many thanks

nomorepanic
23-02-05, 12:45
Sadness

I put "inositol uk" into google and got this site that sells it

http://www.dnavitamins.co.uk/productpages/vitaminbgroup.htm

There were a few others too. Take a look.

Nicola