PDA

View Full Version : general anxiety

sue447
22-02-05, 14:36
thanks for ur replys guys, im so scared, im thinking about leaving my job, i just dont know what to do. any thoughts[?]
could i also ask this, i was on propanolol about 11-12 years ago i only used to take them when i needed to [not the regular 3 times a day] i dont remember getting any side effects then, what r my chances of getting them now any ideas[?] i was given them in a bottle with no leaflet then, but this time i had one,it really freaked me out when i read the side effects. thanks sue

vernon
22-02-05, 16:26
hi sue, all meds come with all them bad effects u can get and it can realy frighten u, as u said years ago we didnt get all the wornings and just took them without any probs. The worning list is just there to cover the manufacture and I wouldnt worry to much about it. Even over the counter neds have these warings now. good luck, Vernon

FAN
22-02-05, 18:32
vernon is right most of the medications have warning leaflets but every one gets different things with them some people get none at all

fan x

nomorepanic
22-02-05, 18:42
Sue

Are you thinking of leaving your job because you feel that you can't cope with panic/anxiety etc?

Can you get some time off to start a recovery programme and give you a break for a while?

It is very hard to go back once you leave (a few on here will tell you that) so it is better that you stick with it and try to tackle the issues straight away.

We can help you do this.

Nicola

sue447
27-02-05, 17:51
thanks nicola
ive decided not to give up my job, even though i feel like it sometimes, if anything does happen at least im with people, who know about my condition, ill plod on
sue

lisarose
27-02-05, 18:19
Hi Sue I'm glad to hear you are not going to leave your job.

I made this mistake 2 years ago and really regret it as I loved the job (in a local supermarket on the checkout) but couldn't see how I could carry on as nobody new about my panic attacks as I was embarassed to talk about it) I think If I had just stuck it out and told everyone how I was feeling then I could have still been there. It is good to know that the people you work with know about your condition as I don't think it does you any good to hide it. I really admire you for sticking with your job as I know how hard it is to hold down a job when you suffer anxiety/panic etc. I am in the position now where I want to go back to work but worry about the panics returning and how I would cope again, I am on mediaction (Effexor) which seems to have helped a lot but don't want to put myself under too much pressure as I am alos studying at college part-time but my boyfriend thinks that now our youngest has started school that I shouldn't be sitting at home doing nothing. lol (if only he knew that mothers can never sit and do nothing, I wish!!)

As for the propranolol, I can't advise on this as I have never taken it although I have been prescribed it many times. I think I will stick to the Effexor and see how I go as I was lucky to not suffer any side effects.

Take care.
Love Lisaxx