PDA

View Full Version : Hello

paulpp
14-12-07, 00:22
I use to have a Pilots Licence, in 1990 while flying over the sea on my own I started to feel panic about what would happen if i passed out. 12 years later while at a training event I had what I now know was a panic attack. I have been ok now for the last couple of years but still feel trapped if on a plane or a situation were I cannot escape from.
Wish I had found the site before, lots of good information.

Lindalou64
14-12-07, 01:17
HELLO PAUL AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL.....LINDA

MessedUp
14-12-07, 12:23
Hi Paul, welcome.
Well, if you pass out up there, plane goes down, goodbye Paul - no escaping that fact... that's why you guys have medicals! But your body and mind will do everything it can to stop that happening no matter what, and a panic attack will *never* be bad enough to stop your basic survival mechanisms. No matter how badly we panic, we still manage to stay in charge of our thoughts and can move freely.
In fact, if you panic and then have to fight to regain your plane's control, your conscious mind will be so busy that the panic will subside because you won't be feeding it by being focused upon it.
Basically you've become such a good pilot that everything's gone automatic and your mind is wandering too far on its own. You need relaxation and distraction techniques to help that, and to take a good look at your life to see if there are any stresses making you anxious in the first place. These will need to be dealt with somehow.
When your life is happy and in order, you'll be less likely to think those panicky thoughts in the first place, and once you know you can deal with it without losing control or dying, it won't even get to that stage again.
Good Luck

chalky
14-12-07, 12:36
Hi Paul,
Welcome to No More Panic.
It's good to hear the Site is proving useful to you.
Look forward to meeting you in chat.
Best wishes.
Chalky

Lilith1980
14-12-07, 12:39
Welcome to NMP Paul :)

dawny
14-12-07, 12:58
paul

welcome to nmp
this site is great, and youll make lots of mates here, as well of support and help.

good luck

dawny

trac67
14-12-07, 13:26
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Nibbles
14-12-07, 18:09
Hi Paul and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

honeybee3939
14-12-07, 19:19
Hi Paul

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

groovygranny
14-12-07, 23:58
Hello Paul :welcome: to you!

Wow, a pilots' license! I have enough probs being a passenger!:huh:

You'll find lots of help and support here though, I'm sure!

Pleased to meet you!

:)

nomorepanic
15-12-07, 00:40
Hi there and a warm :welcome: aboard.

Hope we can be of some help.

There are some lovely people on here and loads of support.

Pink Princess
15-12-07, 01:07
http://www.wishafriend.com/graphics/images/hi1.gif

welcome xxxxxxxxxxxx

Southern_Belle
16-12-07, 16:01
Paul,

Hello and welcome to the site. Many here have felt like you do and you will find that you are not alone.

Hugs,

Laura

paulpp
22-12-07, 20:32
Thanks all for your comments and the welcome
Paul