PDA

View Full Version : ZISPIN

jacq
14-12-07, 12:10
HI, I would like to know if anyone has had any experience with this drug. My mental health visitor has told me to ask the doctor for a perscription, he said it is a sleeping tablet and that if i get a full nights deep sleep i wont feel so panicky when i wake up (if only!!!). The problem is my hubbie is a very heavy sleeper and i am not, i wake at every cough or movement from my daughters, and it worries me that they might call me in the night and neither of us would hear them. How deep do you go and does it leave you feeling drowsy. I really dread taking meds but i am worried about the mental health advisor thinking i am not trying to make an effort to help myself. Any advice much appreciated.

Jacq x

joy
14-12-07, 14:08
Zispi is an anti depressant with sedating properties not a sleeping tablet! Therefore it will take a couple of weeks or more to work altho it may help with sleep before that

Joy

Ozzy
14-12-07, 14:23
Good antidepressant its sorted out my depression a bit i didnt have that with citalopram or prozac, yeah it does make u sleepy but it wares off after time i think ive just moved up to 30mg and found that the 15mg dose had more of affect to putting me to sleep unless i have got used to it but its good and it dosnt put you in to a deep deep sleep i dont think it just helps u off to sleep when u cant sleep makes ya tired can also make you hungry to, witch is another good thing i guess ppl worrying and stuff dont feel like nothing to eat and also stressed cant sleep it does both and hits both with one stone i think its worked well for me but then im a differnt person but im just telling you my expernce with it and i highly recommand it :) if you dont like it you can always try something else, There is also info about it at this bottom of the page if u scroll down, i hope they work for you if u try them good luck and wish you all the best ozzy

jacq
14-12-07, 14:51
Thanks Joy and Ozzy, I never even realised it was an anti-depressant, i thought it was just a sleeping tablet. I am not sure now why my mental health nurse advised it as he knows i have been on meds before with bad reactions and am scared to try again, maybe he is naive enough to think that an anxious paranoid health phobic person will just take his word and wont start googling!!!. From reading the links at the bottom of the page it does seem like this drug would knock me out for a good few hours and im not sure that is such a good idea with 2 young children in the house, i was hoping for something to help me drop off a bit easier when my mind is churning and i dont think it will help with that instant waking panic that seems pretty common with nearly everyone ive spoke to. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Jacq x

Ozzy
14-12-07, 14:58
What other ones have u tryed zispin is in a differnt class as others being its a NaSsA and not a ssri

willp
14-12-07, 15:26
Hi Jacq,

If you want help getting to sleep without taking sleeping tablets or anti-depressants you could try a natural remedy such as Kalms or a valerian complex from a healt food-type shop.

When I couldn't sleep (side effect of starting on a different type of anti-depressants to yours) I took Phenergan. It's an anti-histamine which is also used to treat nausea and jet lag and is sometimes used a sedative in the short term. It makes you drowsy within about 20 minutes of taking it and I had no problems sleeping while on it. I stopped taking it after about a week as I didn't need it any more (as the anti-depressants kicked in). It's available over the counter at a pharmacists and isn't addictive. It does make you drowsy for 6-8 hours though so don't take it if you have to drive or have similar responsibility in this time.

Will