PDA

View Full Version : hi from graham

grahams
22-02-05, 17:52
hello everyone my name is graham and i live in scotland i have been having panic attacks for a few years now i had a bad one on friday where i had to go to hospital as i couldnt come out of it went to doctor today again and hve been prescribed sertraline 50mg i also have a few diazepams incase i have another attack i think this all stems from my phobia of being sick it scares me beyond belief. i feel at my wits end as i have no control over them

graham

Tracy68
22-02-05, 17:57
Hi Graham
Sorry to hear that you are going through a bad time at the moment. You'll find loads of help and support from everyone on here to help you get through those bad times.
Take care
Tracy
xx

grahams
22-02-05, 17:58
thank you tracy i hve read a couple of the topics on here and can relate to how these people feel

graham

nomorepanic
22-02-05, 18:02
Welcome aboard the forum.

The fear you have - emetophobia - seems quite common and there are a few sufferers on here with it so I am sure you will see their posts.

I hope we can be of some help to you.

Nicola

grahams
22-02-05, 18:03
i never new what it was called even small twinges in my stomach set me on edge

graham

FAN
22-02-05, 18:18
hi welcome to the forum , im sure you will find loads of useful stuff on here and soon be feeling much better

fan x

Karen
22-02-05, 18:41
Hi Graham

Welcome to the site.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

grahams
22-02-05, 18:54
thanks for the words of support its good to relate to people who know how i feel

graham

seh1980
22-02-05, 18:56
Welcome aboard Graham!! :D

grahams
22-02-05, 19:12
thanxs :D:D

graham

Meg
22-02-05, 19:27
Hi Graham,

We build habits really quickly at all ages . It would seem that you have learnt now that when you get twinges in your tummy to associate it with being sick and thus brings on anxiety, whereas the reality is that our innards groan and chortle away at everything day in day out and not many of these actually have anythingt o do with being sick.

Have you been referred to CBT yet . If not push for that .

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

grahams
22-02-05, 19:30
whats cbt

graham

hixy
22-02-05, 19:35
hello graham.:D

FAN
22-02-05, 19:37
hi graham you asked whats cbt........i think there is a posting on here somewhere following maxine who is going through it at the moment try looking at that one it might help

fan x

grahams
22-02-05, 19:55
not sure where to find maxine on this sorry new to the whole forum thing

graham

FAN
22-02-05, 20:01
ok go into all forums........look under anything else/misc its maxines cbt progress
hope that helps

fan x

grahams
22-02-05, 20:06
thanks fan much appreciation

graham

nomorepanic
22-02-05, 20:11
Graham

Take a look at this on the website

www.nomorepanic.co.uk/therapy.htm

Hope it explains it

Nicola

Hellie
22-02-05, 22:03
Hi Graham,

I'm in exactly the same boat as you, and a fellow newbie. I know what you mean about the stomach twinge thing, the slightest gurgle is enough to send me off into a major panic attack!
I'm sure we will get through this eventually,

Hellie x

bubbles
22-02-05, 23:52
Graham,

Welcome to the forum.
There is a lot of support on here, & the people are kind & understanding.
I hope that it will help you.

Linda. x

lisarose
23-02-05, 11:53
Hi Graham,

Welcome to the forum, you will find no end of help and support on here and everyone is very friendly. I 've only been here just over a week and it has helped me loads.

Take care

Love Lisa

Mike26uk
23-02-05, 15:08
Hi Graham,
Welcome to the site. Just like Fox Mulder, 'You are not alone!' Plenty of fellow sufferers here.

Best wishes

no one ever died wishing they had spent more time at work

jo-jo
23-02-05, 15:13
Hi Graham

A big welcome to the site, know how you feel about fear of being sick, I too constantly worry about every rumble or feeling of discomfort in my tummy - you are most definately not alone!!

Best wishes
Jo

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

grahams
23-02-05, 19:48
hi everyone just back from work to a load of replies on this thankyou somuch you all make me feel welcome

graham