PDA

View Full Version : Timeouts

Jimbo
15-12-07, 13:08
Hi,

I don't know if it's just me, but I keep getting pages timing out fairly often. I know it's not my connection as I can view other web pages, it's just NMP.

It's so annoying when I've written a huge post and hit submit and I get 'Webpage Unavailable'. It seems to be the whole website and only lasts about 5-10 mins.

Is this something you're aware of, or is it just me?:blush:

Jim :hugs:

nomorepanic
15-12-07, 13:38
Jim

Not something that I am aware of no. Has anyone else had it?

t0rt01se36
15-12-07, 15:36
I had lost server page appearing through Firefox the other day, for NMP

Lozzie
15-12-07, 16:56
yeh iv been getting this quite a few times over the past week, thought it was just me but i noticed i could view other websites fine so it wasnt anything to do with my connection just this site:shrug:

laura xxxx

nomorepanic
15-12-07, 17:20
Are you using the "remember me" feature when logging in as well?

Jimbo
15-12-07, 17:54
Are you using the "remember me" feature when logging in as well?

Yes, I always do.

It only happens occasionally, even refreshing the page doesn't work, but after a few mins it seems to clear itself and works fine. It isn't really a big problem, it has caught me out a few times when posting tho. I've got into a habit of doing Ctr-A Ctr-C when posting epics just in case.

Next time it does it I'll try and give you the exact time.

nomorepanic
15-12-07, 23:49
Jim - please do then Alex can see what was going on at the time.

Cheers

Allye
17-12-07, 00:33
I have had quite a few timeabouts this past week as well - other web sites are fine.

nomorepanic
17-12-07, 20:15
Are you on for more than 30 mins and not using the "remember me" feature?

Allye
20-12-07, 08:36
With me it was more clicking on the website link and receiving a message "cannot find the page"

Jimbo
20-12-07, 10:23
Typically when I actually say something it's been fine for me since. :doh::blush:

When it was happening it wasn't anything to do with posting and the login timing out. Like Allye even going to www.nomorepanic.co.uk (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk) was timing out.

I'll keep watching and hopefully it'll be fine for now.

Jimbo
31-12-07, 13:02
Just did it to me a sec ago.

Tried to link from an e-mail directly to a post and it timed out at 12:56. Tried going to the main address and same thing. Tried refreshing, no good, then at 13:00 exactly it came back up again.