PDA

View Full Version : panic panic and more panic

granlizto3
15-12-07, 14:52
Hi All or anyone who is reading this, I'm afraid it will take me ages to get started as I'm one of these old grannies that struggle with new things, I've looked at this site before and it was really extremely helpful since then I.ve been on a quick computer course in the local library, I hope this works out!

I have suffered severely with anxiety/panic attacks for a long time now and last night was pretty bad after having coped quite well in the past and I should no what to do by now but I just couldn't get to grips with it and am ashamed to say I ended up taking a valium2mgs. I'm hoping by coming onto this site and talking to people who are going through the exact same things as me that I can get back on top of things. I also suffer from hbp, fibromyalgia which is a catch all for all the other things that are wrong with me. Thank you for your welcome and I hope to get talking soon, but having got to this stage I have to stop and come back on later on. I hope to be able to get a handle on this posting and replying soon, talk later Liz

MessedUp
15-12-07, 16:51
Hi Liz, you're doing fine here, don't worry.
It sounds like you need to try the Chat Room here, or talk to someone in real life to get some reassurance that you can still manage.
Good luck with it, there is hope, a lot of helpful info out there, and people who care

granlizto3
15-12-07, 17:55
Hiya thanks for your words of encouragement and you might be right about chat, but it really is taking me all my time to negotiate this and replying!! When I saw messed up I thought it was telling me that I had made a mistake!! I also cannot sit about for long so I'm on then off so that I can move about a bit sounds pathetic Eh? I can't settle for long thanks again and am sure I will gain a lot from this site, in fact I have already, Liz

manmoor
15-12-07, 18:36
Hi Liz,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

CarmR
15-12-07, 19:32
Hi Liz

Welcome to the forum!

I know the feeling of not being able to sit still for long aswell!

You will find loads of help and support here...

Best Wishes Carmel:hugs:

miss motown
15-12-07, 20:53
hi and a warm welcome youll get alot of help and reasurance here and any concerns you may have theres always someone here to give you that bit of support takecare and hope to chat to you really soon xx

lorac
15-12-07, 21:19
HI Liz and welcome you will find lots of support and help on here.

Carol
xxx

groovygranny
15-12-07, 21:56
Hello Liz:welcome: to you!

I see you're a granny to 3 - well, I'm a granny to 2 and even though I work with computers - my typing speed is abysmal:ohmy: !

I've just been into the chat room for the quiz - and I'm so grateful it was multiple choice so we only had to type 'A' 'B' or 'C' for the answer lol !! So, don't you worry at all. And you come and go as you please - you'll get plenty of help, advice and support here.

And please don't be ashamed of taking meds to enable you to get through a rough moment. If you had a headache you'd take a parecetamol wouldn't you?

Anyway, take a look at the links on the left of this page as a starting point.

And feel free to PM me if you want a chat or need any help with getting around the site ok?

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Lindalou64
16-12-07, 01:07
HELLO LIZ AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL.......LINDA

Southern_Belle
16-12-07, 16:07
Liz,

Hello and welcome to the site. Many here have felt like you do and you will find that you are not alone.

Hugs,

Laura

trac67
16-12-07, 18:40
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Pink Panic
16-12-07, 18:43
Hi Liz

Welcome to the site :hugs:

Nibbles
16-12-07, 21:24
Hi Liz and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Please don't feel ashamed to take medication as lots of people do and if they help you go for it!

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
17-12-07, 22:14
Hi Liz

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and hope we can be of some help.

You will meet some great people on here and get loads of support and advice.

chalky
18-12-07, 00:33
Hi Liz,

Welcome to NMP.

Loads of support and advice is available here.

Look forward to meeting you in the Chat room.
Best wishes,
Chalky

granlizto3
20-12-07, 20:17
Hi everyone, thanks so much for the welcome, I'm going to have to do some more work on the breathing and go back to basics, I can't believe that there are so many people in worse or similar situation, this is a great site and has been extremely useful already, will be trying to get better on this computer and will take up the offer of chat once I figure it out. lol liz

woofytalk
21-12-07, 00:42
Hi Liz,

Welcome! I know you'll find the comfort you're looking for here. We're all in this together and the next time you can't sleep just log right in and say hello :hugs:

Warmest Regards,
Rachel

Pink Princess
22-12-07, 09:44
http://seedsforsoul.com/blueangel/s23welcome2.jpg

welcome to the site xxxxx