PDA

View Full Version : any ibs sufferers-i could do with some advice please

geordie flower
15-12-07, 15:48
:) Hiya, Ive been having some weird symptoms over the last 3 weeks which include abdominal bloating during the day but goes away over night, going to the toilet alot more to open my bowels sometimes 3 times a day, no diarrohea tho, i did suffer with constipation about 5 weeks ago for which lasted for 2 weeks, im feeling very nauceous but my appetite is ok. Im also experiencing weird pressure like feelings around my belly button it doesnt hurt but im aware of something.I occasionally get a sharp pain/twinge in my right side pelvic area. I have of course stupidily googled my symptoms and have diagonsed myself with everything from ibs to ovarian cancer! Please could anyone share their experiences of ibs or can you relate to what im experiencing. Im 34 and female, thanks for reading tracey :flowers: x

bencooper1977
15-12-07, 17:01
i have this on many occasions and it has caused me to need to be close to a loo at all times. If i dont know where one is i PANIC! Ask your doc for som anti spasmodics and take immodium which helps all round

peach
16-12-07, 00:48
hard to say...ibs cant really be diagnosed as such...i was told i had ibs because my symptoms lasted more then 6 months...so that ruled out anything else.....

some ibs symptoms mimic other possible problems...if i were you, id go to the doc and just get their opinion.....theres no tests you can do for ibs...good luck!

dinkydoo
16-12-07, 09:53
Try Coleflac or other such peppermint products from over the counter, see if it eases, it certainly helped me. Yes I suffer with it, and have all the symptoms you describe, go to the Doc to get your mind put at rest thou.
Try not to worry, stress causes this prob and worsens it.
The nausea was the one that I found most hard to bear, over whelming, still get it from time to time but not as bad.... Good luck and stop Googling!!!! Take it from a fellow Googler, it just aint worth it!!!

geordie flower
16-12-07, 11:56
Thanks for all your replies, im currently waiting for an appointment for an ultrasound scan on my abdomen and pelvic area the waiting list is about 4-6 weeks tho! My mind constantly works overtime and i imagine allsorts how am i supposed to relax and enjoy xmas with this hanging over me, im convinced its ovarian cancer!!!! I wish i could just chill out and put it to the back of my mind, thanks again tracey x

june
16-12-07, 15:11
Hi I have been told I have IBS. Along with panic and anxiety attacks.
I seem to be at the doctor all the time.
The symptoms of IBS are wierd and varied.
I sometimes get a pain behind my belly button that feels as tho my insides are trapped between the abdominal muscles (they run down the belly to keep everything in place) the pain from this is sooooo bad that i can only sit and hold the area and do slow deep breathing till it eases - it is terrifying!!!!!
Yes i have the sharp twinge in right side groin area.
Yes it is strange to feel nauseus and giddy and yet I can still eat.
Yes my mind works overtime.
Yes I have had these symptoms before and yet they still terrify me when they happen again. CAN NOT POSSIBLY BE THE SAME?????? Must be something BAD this time -----and the doctor (after examining me) says "it's just the IBS don't worry you are fine".
I can say try and relax and have a good Christmas - but trying to relax can be just as tiring.
All best wishes
June

geordie flower
16-12-07, 18:55
Hi, thanks for your wise words june, why do we alwaysa think the worst! my doc never mentioned ibs when i went she thought it could be gallstones, and wants me to have the scan to see whats going on , i stupidly googled my symptoms and came up with ibs (amongst other things) i think googling should be banned ha ha ha, when i first started with my anxiety problems i googled and convinced myself i had MS! I'll try and take your advice and relax and enjoy xmas its a time of year that i love, thanks again tracey :flowers: x

june
18-12-07, 11:21
Hi, Geordie flower,
May be a silly question (sorry)
- but have you read the IBS info in "Health worries" on the left of the screen?
It is a bit long but plenty of good info.
Best wishes
June