PDA

View Full Version : Hi I need some advice

runner202
15-12-07, 17:54
Ok so about 10 months ago I had a bad situation with a boyfriend and got kicked out of the car while not breathing and having a panic attack. Ok after the fact I got extremely nervous and paranoid that whatever i did was going to get back to him and he was going to make fun of me with his group of friends. It was really obbessive thinkign and then I thought maybe god would help me through it and that he had another plan for me. ok then I went on the website and looked up the symptoms of schizophrenia and such and now i think I am schizohprenic. It has been 10 motnhs now and the obbsessive thinkign has gotten so much better but I keep checking myself for schizophrenia and waiting for halluctnations that have not come yet but i keep freaking out about it. I also at sometime still have obbessive thinkign about it and am worried it is perscurtory delusion. I am nervous I have been to a bunch of therapists and none of them have diagnosed me with schizophrenia just anxiety but I can't stop worrying please help!

MessedUp
15-12-07, 18:14
Trust them! Please... trust them.. I don't have 100% faith in the medics I'll admit, but they WILL have been able to tell whether you've got that or not.
We all obsess over things at times, it's perfectly normal.
It really does sound like anxiety has got on top of you at the moment, but that will pass if you tackle it. You *can* stop worrying with the right approach, it takes practice but in time it'll be ok.
There's plenty of good advice on here, you'll need to dig around and see what helps - and try the chat room.
Plenty of people here will do what they can for you...
take care

groovygranny
15-12-07, 21:48
Hello runner :welcome: to you!

What a dreadful experience for you - I can assure you you will find nothing but help and support here, try starting with taking a look at the links on the left-hand side of this page:blush: .

And I don't think for a minute you're schizophrenic - as M.U. says, you must trust medical diagnosis........and anxiety can masquerade as such a lot of other things.

Anyway, I'm glad you found us - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

honeybee3939
15-12-07, 23:34
Hi Runner

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

runner202
16-12-07, 00:14
HI Thank you so much for replying it means a lot and makes me feel so much better. I spoke in the chat room to once I found the site and they helped a lot thank you all already I can't wait to get to know you guys! stay strong!

chalky
16-12-07, 00:44
Hi Runner 202,
Welcome to NMP.
Remember the people who have diagnosed you have spent years training to be able to do so-they are professionals.Please try to accept what they say.There is loads of advice and support available for you here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lindalou64
16-12-07, 00:59
HELLO RUNNER AND WELCOME TO THE SITE...SOUNDS LIKE YOU HAVE ANXIETY AND YOU ARE JUST DWELLING ON THE OTHER LIKE MOST OF US DO AT TIMES, LIKE OTHERS SAID YOUR DOCS WOULD KNOW IF YOU HAD ANOTHER PROB I WISH YOU WELL.........LINDA

Southern_Belle
16-12-07, 16:06
Runner,

Hello and welcome to the site. Many here have felt like you do and you will find that you are not alone.

Hugs,

Laura

trac67
16-12-07, 18:44
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Pink Panic
16-12-07, 18:46
Hi

Welcome to the site :hugs:

Nibbles
16-12-07, 21:33
Hi Runner202 and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. I've heard that schizophrenic people don't realise they suffer from this so the fact that you worry about it can be seen as a positive. Lots of people who suffer with anxiety have obsessive thoughts of one form or another so you're definitely not alone.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
17-12-07, 22:13
Hi Runner

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and hope we can be of some help.

You will meet some great people on here and get loads of support and advice.

runner202
21-12-07, 15:33
Hi I got the diagnoses of ptsd with hypervilgence!! thank you all for responding!

runner202
21-12-07, 15:36
lol I also had gone to about 5 diferrent therapists just waiting for the diagnoses of schizophrenia haha wow I hope they all don't have a meeting or something

Believe
21-12-07, 17:04
Hi Runner,

Welcome to the site.Hope that you make loads of friends. I have to agree with those before , you aren't any different then the rest of us. Try not to let this drive you nuts.

Remember that you aren't alone and there is light at the end of that tunnel.

Pink Princess
22-12-07, 09:58
http://seedsforsoul.com/blueangel/s23welcome2.jpg

take kare xxxxxxxxxxxx