PDA

View Full Version : hello

hixy
22-02-05, 17:57
hello everybody,my name is mick and i have been having panic attacks on and off since 1988,since my father died.nice to find this forum and talk to people in the same boat

mick:D

Tracy68
22-02-05, 18:00
Hi Mick
Welcome to the site. I'm sure you'll find no end of help and support from the site and from everyone on here. Everyone is great and very friendly :D.
Take care
Tracy
xx

nomorepanic
22-02-05, 18:06
Hi Mick

Welcome aboard - hope to hear some more from you.

Are you on any medication or have you managed to get any CBT atall?

A good starting place is Meg's First Steps post - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm

Nicola

grahams
22-02-05, 18:10
hello mick i am new on this too seems to be really friendly place to be

graham

FAN
22-02-05, 18:12
hi welcome to the forum im sure you will find it very helpful

fan x

Karen
22-02-05, 18:43
Hi Mick

Wecome to the site.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

seh1980
22-02-05, 18:59
Welcome to the site Mick!! :D

Meg
22-02-05, 19:13
Mick,

What symptoms about the panics that keep returning are you most worried about and in what circumstances do you get them now ?

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

maxine
22-02-05, 19:17
Hi Mick,
Welcome to the forum.:D

Take care

maxine

hixy
22-02-05, 21:09
hello meg,my attacks are related to my throat{choking} and breathing,when my dad died he was only 39 and i have talked my self into thinking that i will die at the same age,the attacks dont seem to be so often now but since ive been on anti depressants the anxiety has got worse.this is the longest ive ever been on tablets only six months.i started on prozac they just made me more jumpy then tried citalapram which were great for a couple of months.but then i felt ill and down on them.now im on dothiepin 75 mg at night,but i want to come off the tabs.im going to try some meditation at the local budhist temple and do some tia chi.i also have bought the linden method and i am giving it a try.my attacks and anxiety get bad but not as bad as some people have them, and i feel really sorry for those people,my boss is very understanding and doesnt look at me as if im a wierdo,which helps.just have to try and look on the bright side of things,and my girlfriend is really supportive.nice to hear from you all

mick:)

bubbles
22-02-05, 23:57
Mick,

Welcome to the forum.

Linda. x

Meg
23-02-05, 10:50
You know that your throat is a result of tightening of the muscles but they will never tighten enough to choke you. Its not possible.

Check this out

Tight throat : MORE HORRID SYMPTOMS!!!! (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1957)

The meditation and tai chi is a great idea.

With the linden method you're not supposed to need/ be on any self help forums or websites.

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

lisarose
23-02-05, 11:37
Hi Mick,

Welcome to the forum, you will find it very helpful and supportive and everyone here is fab. It has helped me loads to understand my anxiety and panic attacks and I'm sure it will help you too.

Take care

Love Lisa

jo-jo
23-02-05, 20:32
Hiya Mick

Welcome to the forum :D

Sorry to hear about your panic attacks but I'm sure you'll find lots of help and support here.

Best wishes
Jo x

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

lainey
25-02-05, 08:05
Hi Mick

Welcome to the site, you will find lots of help and support here, good luck with the meditation it should help you a lot.
Glad to hear you have a supportive girlfriend and supportive boss, it makes all the difference.
Take care

Elainex

KW
25-02-05, 09:34
Hi Mick

Welcome..you'll find great support and advice here.

KW

'Everyone believes very easily whatever they fear or desire'
- JEAN DE LA FONTAINE