PDA

View Full Version : New Here

familymatters
16-12-07, 15:39
Hi all,
Just joined this forum today and I am having a pretty rubbish time at the moment. I'm a mum of two, married andliving in the north west. I had post natal depression after having both my girls which was actually more about anxiety than depression. My youngest is now 7 and the symptoms are back with a vengeance! Started on citalopram 20 mg 6 weeks ago n felt well after 4 weeks but now feel back to square 1 n dont know what to do next. I'm going thru psychotherapy as well and that is really hard work at the moment and Im working my way thru an online cbt course. So I feel like Im working really hard to get myself better but dont understand why its not working???
Any wise words would be appreciated.
Thanks for reading.

Southern_Belle
16-12-07, 16:13
Hi Family Matters.

It sounds to me like you are doing everything you can do for right now. Many here have felt like you do so you will find support on the forum. Welcome and read through the threads, post or go into our chat room.

Hugs,

Laura

trac67
16-12-07, 18:31
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

Pink Panic
16-12-07, 18:51
Hi

Welcome to the website :hugs:

chalky
16-12-07, 18:52
Hi Familymatters,

Welcome to NMP.

You will find plenty of advice and support available here.

It is so easy to get frustrated at a percieved lack of progress.All that does is create a big monkey to carry round on your back.Slower steady progress is usually the best way to get better in the long term.
Well done for actively seeking help.
Give time time!!!
Look forward to meeting you in Chat.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Nibbles
16-12-07, 21:41
Hi Familymatters and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. It sounds like you're doing everything right but unfortunately recovery takes time. Small steps reap big rewards.

Take care,

Mike :)

sandramick
17-12-07, 14:02
Hi Im New To This Too . We Sound Very Similar I Have Two Kids And A Happy Home So I Ont Understand Why It All Just Wont Go Away . Lets Hope The New Year Brings Help X

SANDYJANE
17-12-07, 15:28
hi and a big warm welcome.

love Sandy

belle
17-12-07, 15:41
Hi and welcome :)

x

Lindalou64
17-12-07, 15:57
HELLO FM AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL........LINDA

honeybee3939
17-12-07, 16:33
Hi FM

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

familymatters
17-12-07, 17:01
Wow, thanks everyone, you all seem a very friendly bunch, glad to have found you. I've been on another anxiety forum and didnt have a good time cos there was so much conflict n criticism so this is a lovely surprise. Thankyou again. Ps any tips on getting onto the chat room, my computor seems not to be able to load it ? FMxxx

nomorepanic
17-12-07, 22:08
Hi FM

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and hope we can be of some help.

You will meet some great people on here and get loads of support and advice.

groovygranny
20-12-07, 00:08
Hello F.M. :welcome: to you!

Well, I don't have any wise words for you I'm afraid but I'd just like to encourage you to stick at it if you can. Plenty of help and support here for you - as you've found already!

Sometimes we feel as though we're going backwards when in reality it's just that we're stepping sideways for a bit - but progress is still being made, believe it!

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers: