PDA

View Full Version : hi everyone

yrinik
16-12-07, 18:33
hi all
my name is lisa and i am 24 i have suffered with panic attacks and GAD for bout 3years now although i joined this site a while back only now i have the courage to introduce myself i was taking lexapro for about a year and decided to come off them last april as i felt i was ok until about 2months ago anxiety came my way again i was again prescribed lexapro and started taking them bout a month ago but stoppped them as i found the side effects horrible i have decided this time to tackle it a different way by reading books talking about it ,staying in college and working its hard as i especially suffer from those intrusive thoughts,i believe this site to be a great source of information and really puts your mind at ease that other people are out there with the same problems .

thank you for reading

trac67
16-12-07, 18:34
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Pink Panic
16-12-07, 18:49
Hi

Welcome to the website :hugs:

chalky
16-12-07, 18:56
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to NMP.
There's loads of advice and support available for you here.
Look forward to meeting you in Chat.
Best wishes,
Chalky

fairycake
16-12-07, 19:33
hiya and welcome to the site :)

Nibbles
16-12-07, 21:44
Hi Lisa and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

IrishPrincess
17-12-07, 01:10
Hiya Lisa,

Welcome!!!Always nice to see a fellow Irish gal:yesyes: .

IrishPrincess:hugs:

Keep your heart open to dreams,
For as long as there's a dream,
There is hope,
And as long as there's hope,
There is joy in living.

MessedUp
17-12-07, 13:01
Hi Lisa.
It certainly helps to find a forum like this and realise that you're not alone. I believe our anxiety and phobia conditions don't mean we're abnormal - we are behaving exactly the way human beings react to whatever has happened to us - it's all perfectly normal and we're suffering from what is a perfectly reasonable response to unusual circumstances - the way most people would. Once we deal with those circumstances, we will handle it better.

I recommend taking a good look at your lifestyle, work out what's stressing you so much (even if it takes some sort of therapy to work out what has conflicted the most with your particular individual needs) and deal with those sources of stress.

In my experience the worst kinds of stress are unresolved issues - guilt from the past, fears for the future, indecision, untackled issues that weigh you down. Stress from difficult living conditions is easier to handle - life can be tough for many of us but we generally accept our lot when we know we have no choice - it's when we do/did have a choice that it gets to us more. It's the things we wish we had done or can't face doing that bother us the most. Think of it this way - we can usually cope with anything the present throws at us (us human beings are great at that) - it's the past and future that plague us with worries that bog us down. Learning to live in the present is a great help. Let go of the past as there's nothing you can do to change what's happened - accept it and forgive yourself if you need to. And let the future take care of itself - one day at time, it will.

Good luck

manmoor
17-12-07, 13:45
Hi Lisa,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
17-12-07, 16:00
HELLO LISA AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL..........LINDA

honeybee3939
17-12-07, 16:29
Hi Lisa

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

nomorepanic
17-12-07, 22:11
Hi Lisa

Just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and hope we can be of some help.

You will meet some great people on here and get loads of support and advice.

Southern_Belle
18-12-07, 14:19
Lisa,

Hello and welcome to the site. Many here have felt like you do and you will find that you are not alone.

Hugs,

Laura

yrinik
18-12-07, 21:33
Thank you to everyone that replied and made me feel so welcome xxx

groovygranny
19-12-07, 23:29
Hello Lisa:welcome: to you!

Plenty of help and support here - pleased to meet you!

:flowers: