PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Debs
22-02-05, 19:43
Hi there,

My name's Debbie, I'm 28 and from the UK. I occasionally suffer from panic attacks, the first one being ten years ago, after my son was born. I had pre-eclampsia and was scared that I was going to die.

Since then I guess I have been suffering from anxiety. I constantly fear for my health, if I have a pain somewhere I tend to think that it's something serious, totally irrational I know. Sometimes I even get scared to go out, in case something terrible happens.

Anyway, other than that I'm pretty normal and generally happy.

xxDebxx

FAN
22-02-05, 19:46
hi welcome to the forum im sure you will find it very helpful

fan x

Karen
22-02-05, 19:50
Hi Deb

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

angieb
22-02-05, 20:05
Hi Deb

I'm new today too and have been made very welcome. For the first time in over a week I see light at the end of the tunnel.

Can't believe just how many people are affected by this problem - it feels like an epidemic.

Take care...Angie

nomorepanic
22-02-05, 20:06
Hiya Deb

Take a look at this if you haven't done so already it may help - www.nomorepanic.co.uk/firststeps.htm

We all worry about the symptoms etc and avoid things because we worry. Unfortunately these thoughts feed the fear so we avoid things even more. Vicious circle isn't it?

Hopefully we can be of some help to you so welcome.

Nicola

Debs
22-02-05, 20:10
Hi everyone and thanks for the welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you all and sharing experiences.

xxDebxx

bubbles
23-02-05, 00:10
Welcome to the forum, Deb.
I'm sure it will be helpful for you, & now you know there's 'lots of us'! It's comforting to know that the people you find on here will understand.

Linda. x

Meg
23-02-05, 10:43
Hi Deb,

This is so common . It is all catastrophizing thought patterns.

Keep it rational and do not google search for specific symptoms on the net . You will never find good news .

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

lisarose
23-02-05, 11:32
Hi Deb,

Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of help and support here and everyone understands what it is like to suffer panic attacks and anxiety. It has helped me loads already in 1 week since I have been here.

Take care and keep posting!

Love Lisaxx

jude
23-02-05, 12:45
Hi Debs,

Welcome to the forum.[^]

You will find lots of friendly people here who know exactly how you are feeling.

Take care
Jude x

bluebottle
23-02-05, 15:34
"Keep it rational and do not google search for specific symptoms on the net . You will never find good news ."

Good advice Meg. I'm sure most of us are guilty of this, I know I am. It never helps, we just end up looking at the worst example and worry about it. Instead we should Google for success stories. :)

Regards,

Blue
--
Japanese Proverb:
Fall seven times; stand up eight.

Meg
23-02-05, 17:01
We're tuned into looking for headlines rather than page 24 good news stories.

How are you doing today ?

jo-jo
23-02-05, 20:19
Hi there

A big welcome to the forum - hope you will find all the help and advice you need :D

Best wishes
Jo xx

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

Debs
23-02-05, 21:22
Thanks everyone for your support. I'm not too bad today, Meg, my sister in law's gone into labour, so that's all I can think about

xxDebxx

lainey
24-02-05, 09:24
Hi Deb

Welcome to the site, you will get lots of help and support here. I suffered pre-eclampsia with my 2nd child, I know how you feel. Good luck to your sister in law.

Take care

Elaine x