PDA

View Full Version : Waterloo Road

Pink Panic
17-12-07, 10:10
I was in bed nursing my damn cold last night and out of boredom I watched Waterloo Road. I used to watch it last year but have lost touch with the plot now and most of the chartacters are new, however, there was a portrayal of someone who was suffering from agoraphobia and anxiety. This woman had been in bed for months and hadn't been downstairs and no idea that her hubby had been gambling and all the furniture had gone! Anyways she got wind something wasn't right and got up, went downstairs then went and got dressed and marched off the the School. On the way she was breathless and scared and then when she got there she collapsed. One of the women went to help her and she said that she was Ok and it was just because she hadn't been used to being out and that it would pass! She then went into a massive hall and sat and watched a concert. I thought oh steryotypical telly image of an anxiety sufferer who just miraculously becomes cured! It took me back to thinking about when Shelly on Corrie just suddenly got better.
As this was the last prog of the current series I just wondered if anyone else saw more than one episode and what they thought of the anxiety sufferers portrayal.

Pink
x