PDA

View Full Version : first time in hairdressers in I don't know how long

happyone
17-12-07, 13:56
I can't actually remember the last time I went to a hairdresser. My self esteem has for so long been so low that I haven't gone into one as I just felt I looked awful and it made me feel worse to be under the hairdressing lights. I had a woman come by the house for a while but then I even stopped that as it didn't fit in with how I felt about myself. ie I felt bad so didn't want to have my hair done. Also, my house was always a mess and I was sure she would be judging me on that.
When I got nits along with the kids, I believed I would never ever step in a hairdressers again in case they found some some crawling visitors:blush:

Today I went out shopping for boring messages and as I passed a hairdressers it looked quiet and I thought' why not?' so in I went and asked if they could do me there and then which she did! What I am particularly pleased about is that under the lights, I noticed my roots; which I did myself last night, are not nearly as well done as I thought. Previously, that would have thrown me into a real downer and I would have felt such a mess and ugly, but I shrugged it off and just thought 'shoot...I will have to buy another dye and do the whole lot again!'

Well....it pleased me!

Happyone
xxx

Pink Panic
17-12-07, 14:06
WELL DONE :yesyes: :D :D

Like you I was getting my barnet done in the house and the girl was making a right mess of it :weep: I finally plucked up courage and made it to a posh salon and it certainly gives you a boost. I found the thinking about it actually worse than the sitting in the chair actually getting the hair cut. Sometimes spur of the mo is good.

Well done again.

Pink
x

Piglet
17-12-07, 14:47
Well done lovie!!! :hugs: :yesyes:

Love Piglet :flowers:

chalky
17-12-07, 14:55
Hi Happyone,

Congratulations.You are a star!!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it up.

Best wishes,
Chalky

mirry
17-12-07, 15:40
how lovely , a new hair cut for xmas ,,, wish i could do it , just too dizzy at the mo , but I will.

Remember to get photos done to remind you how good it made you feel:winks: .

Lindalou64
17-12-07, 16:12
GOOD FOR YOU HAPPY.ITS NICE WHEN WE CAN DO SOMETHING NICE FOR OURSELVES........IM HAPPY FOR YA :) WISH YOU WELL.......LINDA XX

honeybee3939
17-12-07, 16:17
Well Done Happy !:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Lovely to hear you have pampered yourself for christmas:hugs:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

margaret911
17-12-07, 22:28
Well done happy, I am really pleased for you. I find I can only go to the hairdressers when I am feeling ok so I go on the spur of the moment too. I think you should give yourself a huge huge pat on the back.:hugs:
love Mags xxx

Southern_Belle
18-12-07, 14:11
Hi HappyOne,

I'm so pleased that you were able to go into the hairdressers and yet even more shrug off something that once could have made you spiral but you could shrug it off. Look at how far you have come!!! It could not have happened to a nicer person. So happy for you and can't wait to see your new picture!

Love,

Laura

Jimbo
18-12-07, 14:26
Well done hun, :hugs:

I remember how much you were worried about this so it's such an achievement.:yesyes:

Jim :hugs:

Quirky
19-12-07, 13:46
Well done :yesyes:

Lisa x

SiPod
20-12-07, 20:11
That's really great. Recently I've been very reluctant to get a hair cut as I get head tremors when I get anxious. And that in itself makes me anxious.
Inspiring to hear. :)

angiebaby
20-12-07, 20:39
I am very pleased to hear that you are doing so well. I have made an appt with the hairdresser tomorrow and am wondering now if i will be able to go through with it, lol. You know what i mean. Three hours in the chair to have highlights, errrm, dunno. Anyway, i am glad that you managed it fine and felt so good too.x

pips
22-12-07, 11:42
Well Done You That's Great.:yesyes:

Take Care,

Love Pip's XX

Pink Princess
22-12-07, 12:51
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b346/a429MySpace/Congratulations/Congrats5Fmc2DHT5FSmiley5B15D.gif

well done xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Paddington
02-01-08, 00:19
hi hun..soz so late in posting on here ..the flu got me:lac: any hoo..i know how much this means and what a huge achievment it is:yesyes: i stopped going to the hairdressers..as i kept going into panic mode..now i go [since joining here:D ]and always feel worried but jfdi!!I always have a sense of such achievmnet .So my friend, a huge well done:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: keep on keeping on hun.Love Paddie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx