PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know ?

Cupcakes
18-12-07, 11:09
Hi just wondering if anyone knows about these 6 week courses run by the nhs , my friends mum did one on stress etc and it covered panic etc , coping techniques , visualization etc. It was either for stress or depression . Cant seem to find info on it I think it was called "Livingwell" and run through hospitals , i guess you would have to go to the docs and be referred but I was looking for info online.

many thanks

Pink Panic
18-12-07, 12:35
Hi Cupcake,

I did a 6 week course on Anxiety Management which really helped me. Mine was ran by the local Mental Health Team and I was referred by my CPN.
Hope this is of some help.

Pink
x

Cupcakes
18-12-07, 15:53
that sounds just like what I am after , will see doc in new year and arrange / ask about this many thanks

Gabby
19-12-07, 08:37
Hiya

I work for a local Mind association and we also run these 6 wk courses under the banner 'Coping with life'. They range from self-esteem to living with anxiety and depression and have very good feedback so I can only assume they work!

If you visit www.mind.org.uk (http://www.mind.org.uk) you should be able to find out if there is a Mind assocation near you that offers these or similar.

Btw they are free!

Gabby

Cupcakes
19-12-07, 14:58
Many thanks gabby , have just emailed them sounds ideal. Just wondering if you have to be referred by a doctor to use their services though?.

Many thanks