PDA

View Full Version : citalopram

kd
09-11-03, 16:07
Hello there,

I thought i was getting a bit better with my social anxiety but it is getting quite bad again. In certain situations I feel that everyone is judging me on many grounds (intelligence, looks, sexuality). I've been single for quite a while and think people think I'm a "freak". This sounds stupid i know.

Anyway, a while back i was prescribed citalopram and only took one as i didn't like the effects of it (big pupils, yawning, on edge) so have since relied on 10mg of propranol beta-blockers. I'm now taking them every working day and finding that they do not work at all.

Now, do I increase the dosage or try out the citalopram again.

I'm getting quite desperate. I'm not being very productive when i have such a negative self concept.

going to doctors tomorrow so any advice would be great beforehand!

(I do think getting a boyfriend would be quite productive here but I feel quite poorly about myself and self image so even this is extremely difficult)

benoo5
09-11-03, 16:38
hya kd,
welcome,you will find good advice,and lots of support here,there is also a good chatroom,which gets active around 9pm,every night.
as for citalopram...at the top right hand corner of the page,you will find<search>,just put citalopram in,and find all the posts about it.
your dr may have given you propronol to slow down your heartrate,which often goes up during anxiety.
as your going to the surgery tomorrow,i would write down all the questions,you want answered,many times we go to the dr,and freeze,and usually come out confused,and thinking why didnt i ask this,why didnt i ask that!
feel free to post as much as you want on here...thats why nicola started this great site.
best wishes...bryan.

kd
14-11-03, 21:12
I was prescribed stronger beta-blockers (40mg) and they still dont work. I took 50mg on one day and i still went very red on and off and over-compensated with my breathing.

Just dont know what to do anymore. I've taken the citalopram again. Just taken 10mg to test howe i feel on it this time.... if its okay i might stick to it.

Still not sure what to expect from citalopram though and whether it will stop my anxiety symptoms.

ellands
15-11-03, 15:19
Have you tried "Buspar" they work.Order off the internet but are £49 for 60 tablets.

twister
15-11-03, 17:08
You should NEVER order prescription drugs off the internet - if you need drugs see your doctor!

benoo5
15-11-03, 17:15
hi kd,

if you read all the posts about citalopram,you will see that taking a tablet,and expecting results,is not the way it works...please read all about it by putting <citalopram> in the search browser.

your obviously confused about your prescribed drugs...so write down any questions you want answers to...and go back to your gp for reassurance.

best wishes...bryan.

kd
16-11-03, 10:02
I just wanted to see if i could get passed that first tablet again, and carry through my prescription, but can't continue with it. I have lots of allergies and giess what I'm allergic to citalopram - my lips swelled up. That answers that one! I really do not like the initial side effects either -I had involuntary movements in my sleep, and couldn't stop scratching.

Considering other options now.