PDA

View Full Version : New to Anxiety Attacks and this site

KCornwall
18-12-07, 15:43
Hi just found this site through a good search reading up on the medication my doc has just given me.

I'm 27, Female and have only started suffering from panic attacks brought on by extra pressure with work - even tho that has now died down, i still find i'm having panic attacks and horrbible chest pains.

I decided to go to the doc on Friday to find out why i'm crying for no reason and having chest pains.... She has put me on Citrolpram 10mg.

I'd be grateful for any tips/advice on how i can cope with these and any experiences of the medication i'm taking (the first side effects are awful!)

Thanks

Katie :flowers:

lillady123
18-12-07, 20:00
Hi Katie
Sorry to hear you are experiencing this and it was good that you went to the doctor. I dont know about your medication, is it an anti depressent?
The advice I can give you is to not be afraid of the symptoms. The chest pains are a symptom of panic attacks and cannot harm you. You should find more out about panic attacks, im sure there is alot of information on this site and know that you are not physically ill. I know it is very scary experience but adding fear of the panic attacks will only make things worse. Try to concentrate on your breathing when you have a panic attack and generaaly do things you enjoy and which relax you. Have you considered taking time off work? maybe you just need to recharge. take care xxx

chalky
18-12-07, 20:38
Hi Katie,

Welcome to NMP.
You will find loads of support and advice here.
The Chat room is also a good source of advice re medication.Don't be afraid to ask!!
Best wishes,
Chalky

nomorepanic
18-12-07, 21:20
Hi Katie

Welcome aboard.

Have a good read of the medication forum on here and the help pages on the left hand side.

Hope we can be of some help.

KCornwall
19-12-07, 09:16
Thank you everyone for saying hi.... I'm off for 2 weeks over xmas... so going to have a nice read of this site and some research.

Thanks again x

manmoor
19-12-07, 12:06
Hi Katie,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Lindalou64
19-12-07, 13:43
HELLO KATIE AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL......LINDA

honeybee3939
19-12-07, 14:54
Hi Katie

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

trac67
19-12-07, 15:45
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

groovygranny
19-12-07, 23:47
Hello Katie:welcome: to you!

Be good if you can stick it out with the Citalopram - yes, the first side effects are pretty awful, but I found that after a short while they went and then I felt so much better.....and able to tackle the cause of my anxiety. Still a work in progress!

Plenty of help and support here though - pleased to meet you!

:flowers: