PDA

View Full Version : is it panic or anxiety

littlen
18-12-07, 18:56
coming up to christmas is always hard for me, but just lately i keep feeling dizzy or do i? i went to the doctor and they said i was fine, but i still keep worrying it only seem to happen when i think about it or im just sitting around which makes me think it anxiety. i feel ok other wise apart from the usual anxiety of every day. so does anyone else get like this or is it just me. over the last few weeks i feel im going mad. i have had everything wrong with me from brain tumer to heart attach (so i think). :shrug:

lillady123
18-12-07, 20:23
If it only happens when you think about it or are doing nothing then it is anxiety. When I am doing nothing or thinkin about my latest symptom Ive had dizziness, feeling i cant breathe, headaches, chest pain, feeling sick the list is endless. I am feeling alot better recently from knowing that all my symptoms are anxiety. I do have real things wrong with me too, so I know when I have a real symptom. If dizzyness was a symptom of a real illness then it would be there all the time. Whenever I have to ask somebody whether a symtom im experiencin is anxiety, it usually means that it is. For me its feeing sick. I feel sick all the time and I always ask myself if it is just anxiety or real sickness. Its always anxiety coz the times I feel sick and dont evn think it is anxiety Im actually sick. Hope that helped :blush: xxx

littlen
20-12-07, 17:45
thank you for getting back to me. i do think its only anxiety. as i feel so anxies at the moment. today had a big panic attack the works, couldnt breath, shaking, and just felt out of control. i did my breathing and after about an hour i felf ok. i think its because i feel anxies all the time at the moment everything is blown up out of proporsion. the reason this time was it was because it was so cold. and as i work outside. i panicked that iwouldnt feel well if i got to cold. which seems silly now but at the time i was so worried. i think once christmas is out of the way i think i will probably calm down. any advise from anyone would be a help. about feeling anxies and the worry about been i'll when you are around people. thanks

Yvonne
20-12-07, 18:05
My only suggestion is to listen to a relaxation cd or try to distract in some way by doing something physical like cleaning the house or baking a cake. Sorry.

The cold does make you feel so much worse when you feel a bit eeby jeebie doesn't it.

How would you react if someone was ill around you? You would comfort them. Take care.

bottleblond
20-12-07, 20:43
Hiya littlen,

To be honest with you, i think panic/anxiety go hand in hand. You said that you had been thinking about it and this is when you become more aware of it. Best thing to do then would be to distract yourself, when you feel it coming on, do something, anything to keep yourself busy, and remind yourself that it's ONLY anxiety and can't do you any harm.

Good luck hun

Love Lisa
xxx

littlen
21-12-07, 20:40
thank you for everyones advice. iam trying to do this. and hopefully i will feel abit better soon. thanks