PDA

View Full Version : went docs today

saintdee
19-12-07, 11:02
hi guys,

went docs today about not being able to eat as my mouth just drys up at the thought of eating and im always feeling nausea! i have lost weight due to not having a appetite and being to scared to eat, the doc said that it was my anxiety and i have to re-start CBT which i have been poor at attending! has anyone else had the symptom of dry mouths and the feeling of cant eat anything solid as they cant swallow it? be nice to hear from you.x

dawny
19-12-07, 11:10
hi saintdee,

yes.....when my anxiety has been high, i didnt feel like eating, couldn't physically swallow the food......

try eating small meals, yogurt, weetabix, bananas ect all healthy and easy to digest and swallow.

or try replacement drinks that way you will give you all the vits and minerals you need.

cause by not eating it will keep your anxiety levels high....

wish you well. take care

dawny x

margaret911
19-12-07, 22:20
Hi Saintdee
I too have issues with food wen I am anxious and I have to force myself to eat which isn't pleasant, I find bananas easy to eat and toast. Keep trying and your appetite will come back.
love Mags xxxx

sagey
19-12-07, 23:33
Hi, I've had/have this difficulty and found that if I could distract myself from the actual eating by watching T.V., particularly comedy, the food went down much easier. Have you got any comedy DVD's you could put on when you want to eat and see if it helps? I've been reading about laughter yoga cos I reckon the laughing must help ease the tension in the throat muscles making you more relaxed in that region and less likely to be concentrating on whether or not you can chew your food. Cheers,Sagey.