PDA

View Full Version : painful breast

miss motown
20-12-07, 07:30
my left breast has been painful for sometime it comes and goes anyway i went to see my gp and she did say it was very lumpy and there was alot breast tissue and it was alot bigger than my right she didnt seem to be that much concerned over it but i am abit worried as my mother had breast cancer and i carnt belive by just touching my breast she can say it is breast tissue i remember thats wot the gp said to my mother back in 1990 and as it was it turned out to be cancerous and she had to have her breast removed i just carnt belive they can diagnose something like breast tissue without a mamagram has any of you ladys have the same problem :lac:

mirry
20-12-07, 10:21
yes i have had this twice, you dont say how old you are but hormones can play a big role in this. I had to have a mamogram and everthing was fine.
But i will say , i wouldnt take one gps opinion on it "no way"
if you are still concerned you MUST go to another gp or if you can pay bupa for a check up, it cost no more than £150 and you will get the works done and will have peace of mind ( i did this last time).

I know its not easy but try not to worry cos these things are usually benign.

nic77
20-12-07, 12:12
i had alot of breast tenderness several years ago and i also had a funny discharge from one of them it also felt hot. i went to the doctors and i was told it could be an infection . the doctor examined my breats to check for lumps and the she was happy to find nothing to alarming . have you got any information on how to check for lumps .

miss motown
23-12-07, 22:48
hi and thanks for your replys i went to bupa for a health check and i mentioned it to the doctor she examined me and said there was alot of breast tissue i told her i was under the genetic clinic and she said that they will give me a mamagram when i go in january and reasured me that it feels more like tissue awwww a few days later i got a letter from the genetic clinic giving me an earlier appointment so the first thing i thought of was that she felt somethink and has been intouch with the clinic to give me an early appointment grrr theres always somethink to worry about isnt there

nomorepanic
23-12-07, 23:02
I was told one of my breasts was more fibrous (is that the right word) than the other but I had a mammogram as well and all was ok so I guess it is normal for some women.

annaedwards1989
02-01-08, 03:02
Hmm, maybe getting it checked out would make you feel more secure and in the know? Breast pain can be anything, it could be your just wearing a tight or loose bra, and your breasts aren't getting the support? I get that, i have a breast bigger than the other one, and if im not wearing a bra, and they're just...dangling there lol, it'll hurt a bit.

lesleya
02-01-08, 10:03
I had same problem last June, lumpy and a bit painful to touch. I was terrified and worried sick, scared to go to my gp in case he told me it was cancerous. I eventually went to see my gp and within 10 days I had a mammagram at the local hospital which also included an ultrasound test. They said it was just fatty tissue. What a relief!!. But you should always get it checked out to be on the safe side. Good luck I'm sure you will be fine
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

mirry
02-01-08, 12:28
ive started avoiding wire bras , im sure they dont help.

bex.d
05-01-08, 19:04
I'm sure you are fine,but youre best to get it checked to be on the safe side, I had a very painfull breast a few years back which really made me panic as my mother in law was going through treatment for breast cancer at the time but she reassured me she felt no pain in hers, when i went to the gp she said the same that if your feeling pain, very rarely is it anything sinister, turned out i had an infection which a dose of antibiotics cleared up! hope this has helped and your feeling better soon. xxxxx