PDA

View Full Version : new member

TinyLittleLegs
20-12-07, 20:22
Hello,
I am new to this forum, my name is Lisa I am 25 and have suffered with panic attacks and agrophobia for the last 8 years. I wasn't able to go out of the house for 7 years until last year when I was referred by my doctor to a councellor and with the help of her and my mum I started walking to the top of my road and walking every morning to get a newspaper with my mum and then going to the shopping centre with my councellor in her car because i couldn't use public transport, and gradually going shopping with my mum at week ends. I keep a daily diary and keep a note of my anxiety levels, part of my therapy is relaxation and breathing exercises sometimes they help but not all the time and I still get panicky when I am out but I just sit down until the anxiety passes. I am unable to go out on my own and go with my mum or my councellor. I have made a lot of progress since last year and last Friday I faced my biggest challange and I did it. I went shopping in Southend on a train with my mum and my councellor. I nearly didn't go because of feeling so panicky in the morning but after my councellor reasuried me I was able to get on the train, and she talked to me all the time we were on the train to stop me from feeling so anxious. I am so pleased that I went, it was the fear of getting on a train and having a panic attack, but although I felt anxious I achieved it and managed to walk round the shops and go and have something to eat. I know I have a long way to go but I have achieved so much over the last year and I wish everyone good luck in dealing with anxiety and panic attacks. Merry Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year.

Lisa x

belle
20-12-07, 20:28
Hi Lisa and welcome...

Firstly i have to say how well you are doing from being housebound - you sound as if you have made massive positive steps. I was housebound for 2 years, did really well for 4 years and now i am 99% housebound again.

I'm sure you'll get lots of advice and support with the rest of your recovery.

Merry Christmas to you too...

x

(PS. Guess you're an Essex girl too!)

angiebaby
20-12-07, 20:35
Hello and welcome to nmp. You will lots of support and advice on here and be able to chat to people who know exactly what you are going through. I hope things keep getting better for you, you are doing so well hun.x

nomorepanic
21-12-07, 01:16
Hi Lisa

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

chalky
21-12-07, 01:20
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to NMP.

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

There's plenty of support and advice here for you.
Well done for fighting so hard!!!

Best wishes,
Chalky

Southern_Belle
21-12-07, 13:34
Hi Lisa,

Hello and welcome to the site. Many here have felt like you do and you will find that you are not alone.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.

Hugs,

Laura

manmoor
21-12-07, 13:49
Hi Lisa,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Nibbles
21-12-07, 16:16
Hi Lisa and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. That's great news about the shopping trip to Southend and all the other successes, long may it continue!

Take care,

Mike :)

honeybee3939
21-12-07, 16:19
Hi Lisa

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

TinyLittleLegs
21-12-07, 20:07
Hello,

Thank you for all your messages, It made me feel really happy.

Lisa x :)

groovygranny
21-12-07, 23:11
Hello Lisa:welcome: to you!

Congratulations on the phenomenal progress you have made already :yesyes: !!

You'll get plenty of help and support here - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Pink Princess
22-12-07, 09:59
http://seedsforsoul.com/blueangel/s23welcome2.jpg

welcome to the site xxxxxxx

Lindalou64
22-12-07, 20:33
HELLO LISA WELCOME TO THE SITE SOUNDS LIKE YOUR DOING PRETTY WELL I WISH YOU WELL IT DOES GET EASIER..........LINDA

Pickle
22-12-07, 21:04
Hi Lisa, welcome to NMP and congratulations on your successes this year. This is a great site with great people who will always be around if you need anything

Take care

ladygrom
23-12-07, 15:35
hi lisa welcome to nmp its a great site youl find loads of info and meet realy nice caring ppl .your definately not alone tc elaine xxxx

trac67
01-01-08, 21:41
Hi Lisa,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx