PDA

View Full Version : can we still have PD's while on medication

Gunz
21-12-07, 09:47
I'm on klonopin .5mg 2x a day and lexapro 10mg 1x a day, it is now 4:45am and I woke up around 4:20am with a severe panic attack, i feel i'm still having one. intense heart beat, nervous, sweating, coughing, slightly dizzy...

I took my last dose of klonopin and lexapro around 10pm est 6 hours ago this is my first case of a severe attack while medicated.

i've been on this medication for about a month now, i feel defeated, the meds were my blanket to save me and now they illness has broken through them and coming back, ps i posted in a similar thread, 90% of all my PA's are at night time being woken up. :weep:

littlemiss_sunshine
21-12-07, 22:58
hi gunz,
out of personal choice i opted out of meds, but having said that it still hard work to feel 'better' again. the majority of my attacks happen within the morning- i feel at my worst then. however every morning i remind myself i CAN get thru it, and just to take each day as it comes. thinking positively and laughing/smiling more tends to help me, even if the worst is happening! i take myself and mum out for a walk in fresh air in the morning (so a form of exercise could help u?)
have u tried any type of counselling? maybe it'll help conquer the root of the problem. for me it has answered many of my behavioural and physical symptoms. iv been 'grieving and im claustrophobic', no wonder...
combining other things with meds may help u. dont just rely on the meds to do most of the work for u.the energy should also come from u hun
take care luv sam xx

nomorepanic
21-12-07, 23:08
Medication never helped my panic attacks at all.

I went the CBT route and that helped me more than any drugs.