PDA

View Full Version : A little Help?

lababy
21-12-07, 11:06
Hi,

I am 27 years old and 2 months ago I had a panick attack... since then it's been up and down with the attacks going from being able to control them to uncontrollable... this week in particular is a fairly vicious one.

I lost a family member 4 months ago, and pretty much blocked everything out & put everything to the back of my mind and convinced myself that I had no right to grieve (prior arguement not resolved). All was fine then and that's when I woke up one morning with a pain in my shoulder and generally feeling not right... I went to the doctor, but because I went to work I couldn't go to my own regular doctor so I went to someone local to my workplace. Worst decision ever... such a horrible crass person who completely freaked me out on clots and going to the hospital and not to drive alone etc etc.. It ended up being a Gastro/ Puking bug and as I had a reaction to the drugs she prescribed she came to the "happy" conclusion the next morning that it was simply a gastro bug and the shoulder was muscular. Needless to say I freaked out... didn't sleep for fear of the imaginary "clot" hence, the bug lingered as I didn't sleep it off and give my system a rest.. A couple of weeks later I had my first panic attack and to be honest with you, it's been a struggle ever since. Following this came an ear infection that lingered for about 4 weeks due to "Stress"

I've been quite proactive about it though and when I finally got in to see my own doctor (who coincidentally knew that whenever I get a bug some muscle in my body just gets sore!) told me I'd acted very quickly on it and told me to go see a counsellor and had to relax and gave me a card for a Reflexologist and told me to go to Yoga.

To cut a long story short... I went to see a Psychotherapist (who is not really suiting me at the moment as kind of look down on other treatments?)about 5 times and have been going to a fantastic acupuncturist ... the acupuncture has done me more good than the therapist and has been a huge source of comfort and indeed help. If I was to reccommend something it would be this...
She has also helped me in identifying what would be fantastic for me i.e. tai chi/ Qi Kong and yoga... also has reccommended Cognitive Behavior Therapist yesterday. I spoke with him yesterday over the phone and again he sounds very good and even told me that it sounds to him like post traumatic stress.

I know this is very longwinded here but I really didn't know where to start and it kind of flowed out of me as if I have to explain myself!

You see my problem is the dizziness, lightheadedness which spirals into heart pumping and freaking out. I have diazepam in my bag and only take half when I need to... 20 tabs have lasted me 2 months now which at least is SOMETHING I suppose! If I get a pain in my head I panic and the rest follows and for 2 days after I can't sleep properly and am exhausted for 2 days.

My other problem was that I couldn't find a support network or didn't know the first thing about how to deal with or to solve this problem! Even now, all I need is for someone to talk me through it that knows what I'm going through and to tell me I'm ok?

I think I've finally found the support network I've been looking for and I hope that it's okay to write on this when I am freaking out and help will be there!!

At the moment I'm just so tired and think that the feelings I have in my head are down to not relaxing and not getting the best sleep - apparently I gring my teeth in my sleep and also stress in my sleep!

Thank you so much if you haven't gotten bored by my longwinded introduction!

Lababy:wacko:

chalky
21-12-07, 12:37
Hi Lainey,

Welcome to NMP.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

It's grea that you are being so pro-active about your health issues.

You WILL get loads of support and advice here.

Best wishes,
Chalky

Southern_Belle
21-12-07, 13:33
Hi Lainey,

Hello and welcome to the site. Many here have felt like you do and you will find that you are not alone.

Hugs,

Laura

manmoor
21-12-07, 13:49
Hi Lainey,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

ladygrom
21-12-07, 14:13
hi lainey welcome to nmp tc elaine xxxxx

Nibbles
21-12-07, 16:21
Hi Lababy and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Of course it's ok to post on here when feeling anxious as that's what we're all here for. :) I'm glad it's helped to get all that off your chest and it wasn't boring at all!

Take care,

Mike :)

honeybee3939
21-12-07, 16:25
Hi lainey

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:)

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

groovygranny
21-12-07, 23:08
Hello lababy:welcome: to you!

You write as often as you like on here - we're all here to support one another so you'll get plenty of help!

Big hug for you I think :hugs:

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
21-12-07, 23:18
Hi and :welcome: and hope we can be of some help.

Pink Princess
22-12-07, 10:04
http://www.graphicsarcade.com/holidays/christmas/graphics/christmas_myspace_graphics_05.gif

happy christmas, welcome to the site xxxxxxx

Lindalou64
22-12-07, 20:29
HELLO LABAY AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL......LINDA

paulpp
22-12-07, 21:28
Hi Lainey
You can learn to control and stop having panic attacks.
best wishes
Paul

Franz
22-12-07, 22:28
Hi,

I am 27 years old and 2 months ago I had a panick attack... since then it's been up and down with the attacks going from being able to control them to uncontrollable... this week in particular is a fairly vicious one.

I lost a family member 4 months ago, and pretty much blocked everything out & put everything to the back of my mind and convinced myself that I had no right to grieve (prior arguement not resolved). All was fine then and that's when I woke up one morning with a pain in my shoulder and generally feeling not right... I went to the doctor, but because I went to work I couldn't go to my own regular doctor so I went to someone local to my workplace. Worst decision ever... such a horrible crass person who completely freaked me out on clots and going to the hospital and not to drive alone etc etc.. It ended up being a Gastro/ Puking bug and as I had a reaction to the drugs she prescribed she came to the "happy" conclusion the next morning that it was simply a gastro bug and the shoulder was muscular. Needless to say I freaked out... didn't sleep for fear of the imaginary "clot" hence, the bug lingered as I didn't sleep it off and give my system a rest.. A couple of weeks later I had my first panic attack and to be honest with you, it's been a struggle ever since. Following this came an ear infection that lingered for about 4 weeks due to "Stress"

I've been quite proactive about it though and when I finally got in to see my own doctor (who coincidentally knew that whenever I get a bug some muscle in my body just gets sore!) told me I'd acted very quickly on it and told me to go see a counsellor and had to relax and gave me a card for a Reflexologist and told me to go to Yoga.

To cut a long story short... I went to see a Psychotherapist (who is not really suiting me at the moment as kind of look down on other treatments?)about 5 times and have been going to a fantastic acupuncturist ... the acupuncture has done me more good than the therapist and has been a huge source of comfort and indeed help. If I was to reccommend something it would be this...
She has also helped me in identifying what would be fantastic for me i.e. tai chi/ Qi Kong and yoga... also has reccommended Cognitive Behavior Therapist yesterday. I spoke with him yesterday over the phone and again he sounds very good and even told me that it sounds to him like post traumatic stress.

I know this is very longwinded here but I really didn't know where to start and it kind of flowed out of me as if I have to explain myself!

You see my problem is the dizziness, lightheadedness which spirals into heart pumping and freaking out. I have diazepam in my bag and only take half when I need to... 20 tabs have lasted me 2 months now which at least is SOMETHING I suppose! If I get a pain in my head I panic and the rest follows and for 2 days after I can't sleep properly and am exhausted for 2 days.

My other problem was that I couldn't find a support network or didn't know the first thing about how to deal with or to solve this problem! Even now, all I need is for someone to talk me through it that knows what I'm going through and to tell me I'm ok?

I think I've finally found the support network I've been looking for and I hope that it's okay to write on this when I am freaking out and help will be there!!

At the moment I'm just so tired and think that the feelings I have in my head are down to not relaxing and not getting the best sleep - apparently I gring my teeth in my sleep and also stress in my sleep!

Thank you so much if you haven't gotten bored by my longwinded introduction!

Lababy:wacko:

Sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a (close?) family member must be very difficult for anyone to deal with, but it sounds as though you're being really positive and not just feeling sorry for yourself. There's no easy way or quick fix for these kinds of conditions, but I've found this group very supportive. Just knowing that other people experience the same sorts of thing as oneself can be a huge relief.

Interested to hear you talk about yoga: I've booked myself on a yoga course in the new year as part of my "therapy" programme.

I'm in a similar situation to you: I had a bad panic attack about 6 weeks ago and have been struggling since then. It seems to throw you body into a different "mode", and it takes a lot of persuasion to get it back into its old habits. I'm basically trying to keep as busy as possible and getting as much human contact as my circumstances allow. That said, I've just spent a couple of days pretty much alone and have had to resort to diazepam today - my first for 10 days :\

Best wishes with your recovery :)

Francis

lababy
24-12-07, 00:18
Hi Everyone,

I'd just like to say a quick thank you for all your comments... It's taken me 2 months just to figure out what to do - since it started all I've wanted is a phone number or something similar just to call when I'm in a state and finally I found this website... is it just me or is it so hard trying to find a cure or solution or even someone to give you a straight answer on what to do when this happens?!!

Thanks again, and I'm sure I will be addicted to this site as there's so much information aswell as people who just... KNOW!!

Thank you again,
Happy Christmas xx

Lainey

trac67
01-01-08, 21:38
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

kellie
05-01-08, 10:29
hi labay nice to meet you. im sorry to hear of your lose and the troulbles you are haveing since. you will get lots of help and support here so feel free to come into the chat room and talk to everyone. headaches and strained achcy mussels are one of the most commen symptoms of anxiety. so try not to worry to much when you get them, do your best to relax and do some good breathing exercises. wishing you all the best for the new year.

take care kellie.