PDA

View Full Version : Painkillers?

sagey
21-12-07, 21:18
Hi, I'm in need of dental treatment and have a horror of raging toothache over christmas and not having the correct non-prescription meds to keep me out of casualty! I've got some regular paracetamol and some Ibuprofen which I understand can be taken more or less together, but wonder if anyone can suggest anything else I could stock up on if I get a severe episode of tooth ache. Thanks.

Richie
21-12-07, 21:45
sounds like you might have an abcess perhaps, in which case you really need antibiotics.
Cuprofen, just a bit stronger than normal ibrupofen tabs usually does the trick for me with toothache, but be careful how many you take
Toothache is agony isn't it:( hope you get it sorted soon:wacko:
Luv Richie x

mirry
21-12-07, 21:56
bonjella for gum pain , its really good to numb it.

salt for rinsing your mouth.

nomorepanic
21-12-07, 23:10
Try clove oil instead - it taste horrid but numbs the area.

sagey
21-12-07, 23:11
Thanks guys. I don't have toothache right now but have such a horror of being immobilised with pain over the seasonal shut-down. Not to say I'd actually go to the Dentist if I had bad pain, I'm working up my strength to actually get to the docs. surgery to ask for some Diaz. in order to try and get to the Dentist! Soon as Xmas stuuf is over I'm going to try hard as I can to get this sorted and probably be here asking for advice. Cheers, Sagey.