PDA

View Full Version : varicose veins

dinkydoo
22-12-07, 21:46
Sorry, I am in neurotic mode tonight. Keep checking my veins incessantly!!LOL I am only 3o but being quite small and having three kids plus it being in the genes I have been blessed with ugly varicose veins in my legs, and I have had the flu for the last few days and felt really lousy, but keep getting pains in my veins, am convincing myself I have a blood clot and am about to collapse with thrombosis, stupid I know but are they meant to ache so much???Normally they just bother me in a vain, gosh arent they ugly type way, although when I have my monthly they throb abit.... and I am just finishing my monthly (sorry any men reading this,LOL) So all in all, what do you think????!!!! I know long term i could get them removed tho this is risky I think, especially if you are like me and will only digest the possible side effects!!!!!!!!!!!! So, achey veins!!!!!!!! Will they be harmful??? They are not looking particularly bigger as they do at times, but just hurt.
Sorry but reassurance needed. :huh:

cattttt
23-12-07, 04:44
Yes, varicose veins can ache alot, especially if you've been on your feet alot.
Try putting your feet up for a few hours-hard if you've got kids I know, but give it a go if you can.
Secondly, clots happen in the deep veins and the symptoms, apart from pain are swelling of the whole of the lower leg, so it would feel tight aswell as painful.

dinkydoo
23-12-07, 09:18
Thanks, I kind of know logically that there would be more obvious symptoms but it still does not stop my irrational mind taking over and neurotically assessing my veins at every opportunity,lol. Would like to get them treated really but too scared and not sure the NHS do it anymore. They look ugly as, but I guess there are far worse things I could have inherited, they are on both sides of the family.
Was led in bed thinking all kinds of silly things like it might be affecting blood flow to the heart etc..... daft I know but scarey at the time.
Have yourself a lovely Xmas.