PDA

View Full Version : Missed beats

dollyb
22-12-07, 23:01
Hi everyone,
Im new on here although have been reading for about 6 months and find it really helpfull. Ive been getting eptopic heart beats for about a year now, Ive had a 24 hour monitor and the doc said it was benign eptopic beats and nothing to worry about. ( yeah right easy to say). I seem to have none for weeks on end and gradually begin to relax and almost forget about them. Then bang, they come back and I am convinced I have a major undiagnosed heart problem and Im going to die. It even makes me too scared to go anywhere on my own in case something happens to me. Today they seem to have started off again, just for xmas, and Im totally freaked out and waiting to keel over. When I have one I seem to go into big panic attack mode, go dizzy, breathless. faint feeling ect... Does anyone else get these in this way, how do they cope when its bad???:shrug:

Southern_Belle
23-12-07, 01:00
Hi Dolly,

Welcome to the site. There are many here who have the same symptoms you do. Check out the symptoms page and health anxiety section. I do hope you are feeling better soon.

Hugs,

Laura

chalky
23-12-07, 01:05
Hi Dolly,

Welcome to NMP.
You will get loads of support and advice here.

Remember,it was "easy for the Doctor to say" with the benefit of extensive testing of your heart.
Give yourself time to have confidence and belief in this.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lindalou64
23-12-07, 13:59
HELLO DOLLY AND WELCOME TO THE SITE I WISH YOU WELL......LINDA

Pink Princess
23-12-07, 14:48
http://s179.photobucket.com/albums/w285/kimmychilds/hh/hh0302.gif

welcome xxxxxxxxxx

groovygranny
23-12-07, 20:51
Hello dolly:welcome: to you!

I don't have direct experience of these symptoms, but many here do so I'm sure you'll get plenty of help, support and advice.

Good advice about reading the info pages too - we're all here for each other.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Nibbles
23-12-07, 21:33
Hi Dolly and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Ectopic heartbeats are a very common symptom of anxiety and the vicious circle is that they provoke more anxiety. Perhaps you could write down some positive and rational thoughts which you can read when feeling panicky.

Take care,

Mike :)

nomorepanic
23-12-07, 21:37
Hi Dolly

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

There is a forum dedicated to palpitations so have a read of that for help.

trac67
01-01-08, 21:39
Hi Dolly,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx