PDA

View Full Version : I'm new

jduh
24-12-07, 00:29
Hi there i'm Jade. I'm 21 and have been suffering from Panic attacks for a year and a half now. I first got them at a music festival in belgium. I started counselling when i got back home and they went away for 7 months. In april of this year they came back and have got steadily worse since then. I avoid almost everything though i can go to work aslong as i dont have to work nightshifts. I still see my counsellor and she is really helpful, she is a recovered panic attack sufferer herself. I tried Cetalopram but they freaked me out a bit so stopped that. I use a anxiety tincture made from by the manager of the wiccan shop my boyfriend works at which helps a little. I drink chamomile tea every night before bed. I joined the gym and go at least 3 times a week. I don't drink and have cut out all drugs.(i used to be quite a heavy cannabis user) I smoke still..i'm working on that one. I don't drink any caffeine at all including coke. I have just started CBT after a 6 month waiting period. I'm trying to be positive about it all. I have my good days and bad days just like everyone else i guess.
Sorry if this goes on, i never know what to or what not to write.
Look forward to getting to know you all.
Take Care
Jade
x x x

P.S I also have a dog phobia i have been dealing with since i was a small child. I get anxious around most animals though but dogs is the main focal point.

Pink Princess
24-12-07, 07:39
http://www.myspacegraphicsandanimations.net/images/bounce.gif

welcome to the site xxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
26-12-07, 15:29
HELLO JADE AND WELCOME TO THE SITE.......LINDA

chalky
26-12-07, 16:05
Hi Jade,

Welcome to NMP.

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

It is good to hear that you are already taking lots of positive steps to deal with your anxiety.
You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

nomorepanic
26-12-07, 20:01
Hi Jade

:welcome: and lovely to see you here.

honeybee3939
26-12-07, 20:32
Hi Jade

Welcome to NMP its lovely to see you here, im sure you will get some great advice, support and make new friends too.:smile:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxxx

Nibbles
26-12-07, 21:37
Hi Jade and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :)

domino
26-12-07, 21:51
Hiya jade, welcome to n m p . xx:smile:

margaret911
26-12-07, 23:22
Hi Jade
Welcome to the site, hope it helps you as much as it helps me. Take care.
love Mags xxx

jduh
27-12-07, 13:07
Cheers for all your hellos. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas!
x x x

groovygranny
27-12-07, 21:05
Hello Jade:welcome: to you!

Plenty of help and support here - pleased to meet you!

My daughter also has a phobia of dogs - but that hasn't prevented her from becoming a police officer! In fact, on the odd occassion where she either works with them or encounters them in her duties she finds that she is very slowly beginning to control it.

Hope that is of encouragement to you.:hugs:

:flowers:

jduh
28-12-07, 21:42
Thats good to hear. Have given thought to coming actross dogs in my working life, my nurse training involes community work where i might have to be around dogs whih worries me.
x x x

Meewah
29-12-07, 18:08
Hi Jude

Happy New year. Things will get better, I promise.

Mee

kellie
01-01-08, 11:57
hi jduh after reading your introduction it looks like you are doing all the right things to help your self. you will also get lots of support here if you need it. Best wishes for the new year. Welcome to nomorepanic it realy nice to meet you.
take care .

trac67
01-01-08, 21:30
Hi Jade

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx