PDA

View Full Version : severe rapid irregular hert beat

molly36
24-12-07, 15:54
hi there i have suffered anxiety and panic attacks for a long long time and have had every symptom there is to get but like you all i cant cope with the heart palpatations ive had missed beats for ever and flutters and very fast but twice lately my heart has all of a sudden give bursts of irregular very very fast heart beats which lasts for minute or 2 and then goes in to just very fast rythm its the irregular and fast out of the blue i cannot cope with.i went to docs last week and they put me on ecg but couldnt get the irregular just the very fast.the first feeling iget when it happens is a feeling in my chest that something isnt right and then i feel it and its all over the place im sure this must be dangerous rapid and irregular at same time .im totally terrified now .please can any one else relate to thi kind regrds molly

debera
24-12-07, 16:45
hi molly
yes i get the irregular fast beats that last for a few seconds.and i like you my chest does feel kind of funny before it happen. i really think it has to do with anxiety. i used to go into a panic when it happens. now i try to distract myself and try to keep busy. hard i know. hope this helps
debera:hugs:

molly36
24-12-07, 16:56
thank you for your reply ,mine seems to lasts minutes though not seconds which is not nice at all .i just wish i could stop worrying about them coming back .thanks again debera it really helps .anyone else get this i would luv to hear from you kind regards molly

molly36
24-12-07, 21:13
hi there not had many replies ,am i alone with these symptoms are they not anxiety related .please if anyone else can relate please help kind regards molly x

ItWillPass
25-12-07, 03:19
Hi Molly

I also have gotten the rapid irregular beats. The first few times I rushed myself over to the ER, only to be told that it was totally fine. I got it on and off for awhile, with episodes lasting for an hour at a time. Anyway, they have gone. I really think that it was when I was able to ignore them, they up and left. I still get them once in awhile, but I just tell myself over and over that they are totally normal, and part of this thing called anxiety that we are dealing with. When I went through it I found this site VERY comforting. Try to check out old posts.

Tom_M
25-12-07, 07:03
I had the same thing for years. I'd just get a sort of fluttering in my upper stomach which sort of made me catch my breath, then the palpitations would start. While I had the palpations, my upper stomach felt strange, as though I'd been winded. Do you know what the cause was? Having my belt too tight. As soon as I started to ware braces, the palpations stopped.
But It's not a very nice sensation. I ended up going to the hospital a couple of times because the palpation's lasted for over two hours, and my blood pressure was sky high. Obviously, you should get checked out by a doctor, but wind(gas) is a big cause of palpitations, and as nothing to do with your heart - especially when waring something tight around your waist.

belle
25-12-07, 11:53
Hi Molly..

I have this. A month ago i had a terrible time of it. My heart would thump, go fast, stop, go slow, go fast, then do 5 or 6 massive thumps. This last for a week or more and it was ALL day. My heart beat was extremely irregular.

In the end i went to A & E in an ambulance but they found nothing wrong.

I've got a couple of tests at the cadiology department coming up in January, hopefully they'll find NOTHING wrong.

x

molly36
26-12-07, 21:21
hi there thank you so much for your replies it really helps.my doc said i was to get a 24 hour tape on to see if they can pick them up but more than likely they wont happen when i have it on.i just hate this feeling of panic waiting for it to happen again kind regards molly

nomorepanic
26-12-07, 22:01
Molly

There is a whole forum devoted to this so I will move your post there and you can read the other messages.

shaz01
27-12-07, 06:58
Morning Molly,

Yep my heart also has times when it goes haywire, I have been having this on and off for many years now. I also had the 24 hour tape etc however everything appears fine, its just anxiety although they do often occur when you are calm and relaxed. Even though I have had them years they still scare the living daylights out of me, I think alot of peope with anxiety find them the hardest part to deal with.
Hope your feeling better today.
Shaz x

molly36
28-12-07, 20:50
thank you for your reply shaz .im going to see cardioligist soon so hopefully he can tell me whats goung on kind regards molly

cassi23
19-01-08, 14:33
Hi Molly,

I am sitting here nearly in tears reading your post and its replies because the last coupleof weeks iv been getting different palpitations and ectopics and episode where suddenly and out of the blue my pulse will race and feel irregular.

Iv been to the docs and he said ectopics, listened to heart...no murmur, he said im fine and to rty to accept it but for my own peace of mind as i went on and on im seeing a cardiologist for a 24hour tape.

Anyway, cut a long story short, these last few weeks have been hell, iv been convinced im dying or just going to drop down dead and im alone with this, of course its not nice to hear you and others are going through the same but it feels reassuring! I too cannot cope with the panick it brings with anticipating when its going to happen next.

take care
Cassi xxx

Neilr1978
19-01-08, 15:14
Hi Molly,

I am sitting here nearly in tears reading your post and its replies because the last coupleof weeks iv been getting different palpitations and ectopics and episode where suddenly and out of the blue my pulse will race and feel irregular.

Iv been to the docs and he said ectopics, listened to heart...no murmur, he said im fine and to rty to accept it but for my own peace of mind as i went on and on im seeing a cardiologist for a 24hour tape.

Anyway, cut a long story short, these last few weeks have been hell, iv been convinced im dying or just going to drop down dead and im alone with this, of course its not nice to hear you and others are going through the same but it feels reassuring! I too cannot cope with the panick it brings with anticipating when its going to happen next.

take care
Cassi xxx

im having a bad time of it too cassi,i fell so helpless i go back to doc that many times and just to be told its o.k . all the time is so frustrating.Im at the stage now where if something was REALLY wrong with me i would not know if it was real or the anxiety.:shrug: :shrug: :weep: :weep: