PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol?

imported_n/a
09-11-03, 19:21
Gosh since discovering this site I must have entered about 10 new topics..hope I'm not boring anyone, but was just wondering whether anyone regularly uses Alcohol to relieve their symptoms.. i know I do most nights..I know its not the right thing, but sometimes you just need relief...I'm trying to cut down? Although before my severe anxiety disorder I liked a drink anyway?[}:)]

Hayley x

benoo5
09-11-03, 21:13
hya hayley,
dont worry about your topics,variety is the spice of life lol.
alcohol,can only relieve stress short term,and after that,we need to have that extra glass,and then another,until we have a dependance on drink to get through the day.
i know you like to drink wine in the evenings to un winde...a lot of people do,but we all have to know when to stop...i do,because i have to go to work,and i have to have a clear head.
if you have a set bed time,then start drinking later...for instance 9pm,instead of 8pm...drink slower,start to taste the wine,enjoy the taste,savour it,dont just pour it down your throat lol.
finally,dont be tempted to finish off the bottle,leave some for another time...then you will have one more reason for feeling proud of yourself...best wishes...bryan

nomorepanic
09-11-03, 21:21
Hayley

I replied to your other posting about alcohol and there are a few posts about it.

I NEVER drink alcohol in the day but I do think I may drink too much at night - particularly at weekends.

Like Bryan says - if you open a bottle, just have a couple of glasses and save the rest for another day.

I find that my panic/anxiety is much worse the day after I have a drinking session and hangovers are no fun when you have to work.

Respect alcohol and try to cut down - even if just a bit

Nicola

imported_n/a
09-11-03, 21:56
Oh how wise you both are..and I know you're right..I can do it somtimes . othertimes, i seem to want to head for oblivion..I can't spell, as you've probably noticed....Iw want to get into the mode of thinking..'it's not a desperate life thteatening illness, its an exageraation of oyour prior anxios personality, and the nerves in your stomach won't kill you..that sort of thing..I'm trying so hard and am so thankful for your messages..it makes such a difference to my life xxx

Hayley x

Shelley
10-11-03, 16:35
Hi All

I used to be really bad the next day after a session but after months of my friends saying..."look we all feel s*** after a drink, it's not panic it's a hangover" - I dont seem to be as anxious anymore the next day, I'll even go on the motorway (as passenger still dont like driving on them - but who does?) maybe it's a subconsious thing, another association - Oh by the way Nic I got Diazapam for the flight and it worked a treat - didn't like the take off but I'm looking forward to going away in Feb now I know the flight isnt going to traumatise me..lol - Hayley, I try to get angry about it rather than following the pitty path (done that been there) it's real it's here but only we can deal with our fears and phobias. xx

Shell

nomorepanic
10-11-03, 22:27
Shell

Great news :-) Glad you haven't given up flying like I have.

Nicola