PDA

View Full Version : Moles

katethegreat
25-12-07, 23:01
Hi guys,

I joined this site about 2 years ago but dont use it as muh anymore which is a good thing i guess, but im really worried about my health all the time and not sure how to deal with it.Any headache is a brain tumour if ever i get a rash its menangitious and all my life ive had a mole on my back which is raised and sometimes i knock it and cause it to scab and now i think im dying of skin cancer. Can anyone on here explain to me when u need to worry about moles.

Mine hasnt bled or got bigger or changed colour just scabbed

pls guys reply i need some friends

x

countrygirl
26-12-07, 00:15
If you know you have def knocked this mole and the scab goes away in a week or so and doens't return then you can probably forget it but if it keeps scabbing when you havne't injured it or the scab won't go away then its best to get it checked out. 99times out of 100 they are harmless but to put your mind at rest ask a Dr to look at it - they know what to look for. Literally a two second look see could be enough to stop you worrying.

chalky
26-12-07, 16:39
Hi Kate,

Welcome to NMP.

:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

The advice you have already been given is excellent.
You will get loads of support at this Site too.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Dying_Swan
26-12-07, 23:52
Hi Kate.

It doesn't sound like it's anything to be worried about. I think the things you are supposed to monitor are changes in colour, shape and/or size, and having jagged edges. Even then, it's really likely that it's nothing dangerous...just means you should get it checked out.

I have a mole on the very edge of my forehead which is hidden in my hair, but I notice it....and it has grown. I got the GP to have a look and he said it's not a mole but some fungal thing (sounds attractive 'eh?) which is harmless and doesn't need treating. Put my mind at rest as I was convinced it was a melanoma.

It's never a bad idea to get your GP to have a look, even if it's just to reassure you.

xxx :flowers:

skitty
27-12-07, 00:23
Hi Kate,
There was a thread on here a little while ago that talked about moles - you might want to look at that.
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=25079
Take care and dont worry, xx:)