PDA

View Full Version : the things that seem to help me

redfox_77
26-12-07, 22:22
hi folks my name is chris
first of all let me tell you i have had these anixty/panic attacks before a very long time ago so they are not new to me i remember them welli have been a smoker for 30 years 30 a day maybe more i have also been drinking 4 to 5 red bulls a day for 2 years this was like 5 6 days a week anyway im a skip driver i was driving a skip to southam i arrived at my destination and i felt dizzy and short of brath as i suffer from asma i have a lot of stress in my life with dets and the people i work for anyway back to the tale i got back into the lorry took some deep breaths but i thought i wa dying and i was going to pass out so i got my fags and destroyed the packet that was the day i gave up smoking no patches or drugs to stop that was nearly 2 months ago anyway i was still taking the red bulls remember 4 to 5 a day for 2 years 5 to 6 days a week so 3 weeks later i gave up the red bulls all at once big mistake just like the smokin should have stope smoking with a course of patches and slowley lowered the red bull intake now im paying the price waking up in the night palpatations know knowing where i was so to anybody who is thinking of giving up any of the things i have take the proper course of patches etc for smoking and the red bulls bring them down daily anyway back to the story i had stopped the red bulls and the fags so my body wasnt coping with the stress of not having the stimulants of caffene and nicotine remember redbulls are a 200 mill can and each 100 mill of red bull has 32 mg of caffene
i was told that these were responsable for the panic/anxity attacks im having so i joined this site and i have had help galore and i thank the people involved
anyway i started some herbal remidys oh by the way please excuse my spelling as im typing to fast i think anyway i tried calms ansd kalms sleep to help me to sleep witch are a load of crxx im sure ya know what that means i got somthing called bach rescue remedy whitch is very good any way i found out when i had a panick attack build up i would send a text message to my girlfriend and i would feel a lot better as i was doing this also talking to my friends would help to do this i would have to go to the oather soide of town this somthing else that would help me getting in my car and going somewhere or walking round the block but if the weather isnt nice its not good going to the gym typing this message helps its relaxing my i found although lol im a bad speller mm what elseare ye i listen to a lot of music as i live in a bottom bedroom flat whith has a noisyneiboer above me with big feet and my bedroom is near the block of flats car park the doctor put me on diazapan for 10 days to help me sleep as im suffering lack of sleep im allways wound up tight anyway this is what im telling you it might help you i hope so:yesyes:

chalky
26-12-07, 22:50
Hi Chris,

Welcome to NMP.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Look forward to meeting you in Chat.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Yvonne
27-12-07, 18:56
Hi Mate

Welcome skip driver - no easy job.

The red bulls must have had you wired up !!! Woah - that was a lotta red bulls in one day. And the ciggies - well I don't think I could give them up - don't even want to actually.

Wishing you good luck - you are a survivor - you are a very positive person it comes out loud and clear in your message. The Diazepam will help with the sleeping and you really do need your rest after what you have been going through.

Take good care of yourself.

groovygranny
27-12-07, 23:16
Hello Chris,

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us - I'm sure they will be of great help.:yesyes:

Well done for not giving in and continuing to give up smoking and the red bull - it must have been tempting to just not bother because of the way the withdrawal made you feel.

Hope you go from strength to strength!:)

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: