PDA

View Full Version : Social Scrooge!

CarlNottm
27-12-07, 11:18
Hi all,

It has only come to my attention that I beleive I suffer with social phobia. Im 23 now but from the age of 15/16 I was out all the time partying with friends, clubbing etc. I came out at the age of 20 and ever since then my social life has gone down the pan. I dont know what to do anymore. Each time I am supposed to be going out with friends I feel panicy and have severe anxiety symptoms and just want to stay in on my own. I now have a non existent social life and I kept blaming everyone else and making excuses for me not going out but I realise now that I just feel so uncomfortable when in the company of others, even friends I have known my whole life. Its soon to be a new year and I want a new start but im not quite sure where to turn now to be honest.

Any ideas??

Thanks and Merry Xmas!

Carl

dimblonde
27-12-07, 11:32
Hi Carl and *hugs*

Hopefully you will find this site a great source of comfort as many of us have :)

chalky
27-12-07, 15:43
Hi Carl,

An evening out does not have to become an event to be endured.How about dipping your toe in the water?Next time you're out and about call into a pub for a drink with your mates.
Tiny acorns do grow into great oak trees.
Best wishes,
Chalky