PDA

View Full Version : social phobia made me so low can anyone help?

specialone5552
27-12-07, 16:06
i have social phobia and agoraphobia, but the social phobia has got so bad that its not thats i just cant go out anymore but i also cant have people in my house either. i also have an eating disorder tho ive only just found out. if i eat before someone comes over im worried that im gonna be ill infront of them but i also cant eat incase someones comes over that i didnt know was coming. all day im starving then i feel ill anyway cause im so hungery. im a single mum with 3 kids and i cant go on with this. my family support me as much as they can. ive push all of my friends away and now noone talks to me. i feel so lonely. im considering going in as an inpatient at the mental trust to get help cause i cant go on any more has anyone felt like this that can help me??????

belle
27-12-07, 16:57
Hi there...

7 years ago i was in your position. I couldn't have people in my house at all, couldn't talk on the phone and i couldn't even cook food in my house because i was worried the smell would make me ill! I knew though that i HAD to eat, so i stuck with easy things like toast and sandwiches. At the same time i had a son who was almost 2 and i was totally housebound.

I don't know how i started to get better, i think i hit rock bottom back then and believed that the only way was up.

Unfortunately i am halfway back there again :( I am not happy with having people in my house, although i do. The food thing isn't an issue, but going out is.

If you want to chat...please feel free to PM me..

x

specialone5552
27-12-07, 17:16
thank you for your reply............ive met one person before who said that they had to hit rock bottom before they started to feel stronger, ive been waiting for many years for this to happen but it hasnt happened yet properly.... i feel like ive hit rock bottom in myself but to scare to express it to my family as i dont want them worrying about me. i dont know i guess i waiting to have a break down or to wake up one morning and its completely dissapeared (tho that wishful thinking) i havent eaten since last night and dont know if i can eat tonight cause one of my family might appear 2morow to see my children. im scared of food and its so stupid i mean i used to eat normally years ago and i know im panicking over having a panic attack but it feels so real. even now im waiting for my kids to be brought back from my familys and incase my mum and her friend decided to come in for a cuppa before they leave ive been panicking all day at the throught of them being here. i just want to scream...i know its stupid and theres no need to feel panicky but i cant control it. my medication isnt working and so far none have worked.

belle
27-12-07, 18:17
If you eat something now, everything will be digested by tomorrow morning, so you'll be fine.

You are NOT stupid, i really DO understand exactly how you are feeling, i've been there. Have you spoken to your doctor about the medication not working? Perhaps you need to change them or up the dose.

Right now...i am feeling flipping anxious too....

specialone5552
28-12-07, 15:36
my dodcto says hes im on the highest does sorry i would pm u but im new on this and havent work out how to do it.....it would be good to talk at some times