PDA

View Full Version : Very Confused and frustrated

Jon06121974
27-12-07, 20:27
Hi Forum.

Im going through a very tough time like all of us and im going to tell the story as it is in the hope that someone can relate to it or make sence of whats going on and if it is anxiety or whether i should be looking elsewhere.

My problems started 5 months ago with a hypoglyceimic type attack and these continued every afternoon for about 10 days before they started to become more irregular and i went 3 weeks without one up until just before xmas.

During this time i also had the following symptoms

Trembling in legs
metalic / blood taste in mouth (sometimes with light trace of blood in saliva)
Head pain and extreme tightness
Blurred vision and light sensativity
Jumping images
Spasm attacks in muscles especially face arms and legs
Tired all the time and dark eyes
Dry mouth
Pins and needles in feet and Fingers
Muscles twitching in arms and legs
Muscle popping sensation in legs.
Spells where i constantly urinate every 10 mins which lasts a few hours

During the initial 4 months i have had a lot of blood tests and on one occasion was admitted to hospital where i had more blood tests and a CT scan which were all clear except for a slightly low white blood count and slight enlargement of liver (aparently a Virus)

I eventually accepted as per my GPs thoughts that it was anxiety even though i have never felt anxious and was not when the attacks started.

Anyway things improved and symptoms got less but never went away for around 3 weeks until about 2 weeks ago when i started feeling run down again and now the symptoms are happening again but now im experiencing:

Head pain
Muscle tremors deep in legs
Tight jaw
Head confusion
Hypoglycemic feeling
feeling that blood pressure is dropping as i feel giddy and faint and heavy.
constant urinating every 10 mins which lasts a few hours ( about once a fortnight)
Nausea
Sinus pain

I eventually saw a clinical psycologist privately a few weeks ago as the NHS are rubbish and still have not made an appointment after 4 months. At this point i felt the symptoms were returning so after consulting this reputable psycologist she has told me that i should have an MRI scan as it may be an issue with my nervous system. Obviosly this has made me think alot and do research on the net which i know i shouldnt and its pretty scary! i went to my GP today to ask for an MRI and he totaly blanked my concern and said he would take the matter up with my psycologist. I feel like no-one apart from my wife is listening. I just want an opinion and to be pointed in the right direction even if i have to pay for the MRI privately.

Has anyone heard of anything like this or has experienced anything like this before? what was the outcome?

Id never do anything silly i have a family i love dearly but sometimes i feel so desperate i just break down and worry i may have something terrible and no-one seeems to care?

Thanks guys!

dorabella
27-12-07, 22:19
I have experienced many of the symptoms you describe on and off over the last 14 years, and they do smack of severe anxiety.

Depression in conjunction with resulting anxiety can induce myriads of physical symptoms which all seem to resemble the symptoms of organic disease, and these can be quite frightening. I have had the tingling, pins and needles, twinges, aches, pains and physical tiredness from my head down to my feet ( at one point I was wearing the carpet out at my GP's surgery) thinking the worst at every new symptom that appeared. However, when you read more about how the nervous system malfunctions due to breakdown and severe stress, it becomes obvious that the majority of symptoms are due to confused messages from the brain. A 'normal' person would get these aches and pains and not pay them undue attention - in our state every new pain magnifies in intensity and importance, causing the fear cycle that can wreck our daily lives.

It has taken me 14 years to play down the importance of these irritating and frightening symptoms, but I still struggle every now and then. You will find lots of people on this site who could quote you verbatim.

I don't know if you have done any reading on the subject, but I would recommend you get hold of anything by Dr Claire Weekes on Nervous Suffering. She gives a good clear explanation of how the nervous system works and why we experience these ridiculous physical symptoms as well as giving reassurance and encouragement.

The good thing ( as I'm sure you have started to realise) is that these rotten spells come and go, even if they feel as if they will never end at the time.
Try not to get too bogged down in it all and keep your chin up.

D.

Jon06121974
30-12-07, 16:31
Thanks for a great reply that has helped a lot and i will look at reading more about what is happening to me.

I just find being fine one min to being like on the verge of collapse the next so hard to get my head round.

ive just got back from shopping and while in a store my head went dizzy eyes completely mis focused like a kalidescope and shap pains in my head. but ok again now but very tired!

so this is really what anxiety can do to you! great!

sherdac
30-12-07, 16:53
I can totally realte to everything that you have written. i have all these symptoms
a very fuzzy heavy head
eyesight quite strained
trembling and vibrations in my muscles
shaking
feelings as if my muscles are sinking
feeling as if i am gonna pass out
spongy feet, feel as if i am bouincing and swaying
my legs are weak at the moment
i am constantly off balance
a lot of head pain a d pain in my face
i have been to the docs that many times i have also wore their carpet out and they all say the same thing anxiety.
i find it so hard to get my head round it as so many things are going on at the same time and never seem to leave.
i just want to be able to think straight and not talk about how i feel all the time.

Jon06121974
30-12-07, 16:59
Thanks sherdac

I totally agree its so hard to accept its anxiety and until were 1100% sure we cant recover fully!

Its the feeling that im going into a seizure even though ive never had one that scares me and the loss of all energy that means i sit in the corner trembling as im to weak to move!

the more im told axiety the more i believe it! think ill change docs after all this though as think hes had enough of me now!

Hope things get better for you

sherdac
30-12-07, 17:00
Hi i hope things get better for you, are you disorientated as well, this is a new thing for me.i have seen evrysingle one of the 6 docs down at my practice and they are really sick to the back teeth of me. a few are patient, the others can't get you out quick enough.x

Jon06121974
30-12-07, 17:10
Yep i can be somewhere and suddenly feel very disorientated. so far ive managed just to take steed and come through it without freaking out but its horrible.

You sound like me in that no matter how many time you are told anxiety we think that the docs have got it wrong.

The best advise ive had is that if i was seriously ill it would be constant rather than every so often. Also when i wake in the morning im fine its after i awake that symptoms start (when my mind starts to run away)

This is my way of telling myself its not serious even if it feels like im having a stroke or am going to seize up. if it was one of these it would just suddenly happen and not manafest symptoms over the past 4 months!

if you have any other tips let me know

sherdac
30-12-07, 17:14
Hi jon if i get any tips i will let you know. the thing for me is that i am like this every second of the day and they are still saying its anxiety, just really bad anxiety. take care.