PDA

View Full Version : Successful trip:)

sweet_petite
28-12-07, 18:19
hi,

just thought i'd share my experience in the last few days. I posted a thread in the panic attack section about a week ago saying how scared I was about flying and going to visit my bf's family over xmas.

well i arrived back yesterday and it wasnt as bad as I expected, as it always seems with these things! Throughout the trip i could feel that the anxiety wasn't far away but I managed to control it with a mixture of distraction/ breathing and positive thinking. I did have an attack the night before we came home which wasnt very pleasant but I think it was as a result of too much alcohol the night before and I woke up anxious so I didnt really have chance to control it. my boyfriend bless him talked me down and although I was dreading the journey home I managed to get through it.

I'm so glad that I went and it has helped to prove to myself that I can control the panic away from home and travelling (which I was particular scared of due to past experiences). I'm now hoping to book a holiday with my bf for next year which will involve a 4 hour flight!

x

honeybee3939
28-12-07, 18:30
Hi Sweet

WELL DONE hun on what you achieved over the xmas period, im so pleased for you, it just goes to show the anticipation is always far worse then the event itsself. Glad to hear you are thinking of booking a holiday too, you have proved to yourself that nothing bad can happen to you so go for it hun and have a great time.:yesyes:

WELL DONE :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxx

paulpp
29-12-07, 02:01
Hi Sweet,

Well done, i do not like flying any more but try to not let it stop me. i trained to be a Pilot in the 80s and then changed career. Keep on flying
Paul

Nibbles
31-12-07, 19:30
Hi Sweet,

A big well done for going and coping brilliantly. I'm so pleased it wasn't as bad as you feared and think you deserve a big pat on the back. :yesyes:

Take care,

Mike :)