PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Burdock
25-02-05, 21:04
My name is Martin :)

I'm 30 years old and live in Derbyshire, England.

I started suffering anxiety attacks last May, to such an extent that I was forced to quit my job. My anxiety manifests itself in chest pain, and I have been rushed to hospital several times. I have never been so frightened.

I have now passed the worst, and am back at work. Two things seemed to have helped- 1) Regular exercise, and 2) AND THIS IS MOST IMPORTANT! - Dr Claire Weekes!! I see that her books have been mentioned elsewhere in this site. I will just add my voice to the general chorus that this wonderful woman has done wonders.

I would love to chat with people who are suffering, or have suffered like me. I would love to offer advice, support or just friendship.

All of the doctors, therapists, and books emphasise that we are not alone- that many, many people suffer from anxiety. And this site is testimony to that.

So hello and a big hug to you all! I look forward to speaking to some of you :)

nomorepanic
25-02-05, 21:12
Hi Martin and welcome aboard

Good to see you here.

Yes a lot of us have read those books and they have helped us all.

You will also get some great support on here too and we look forward to hearing more from you.

I agree about the exercise - it has helped me immensely.

Hope to hear more from you so welcome aboard.

Nicola

nomorepanic
25-02-05, 21:14
P.S. Derbyshire is lovely - I lived in Sheffield for 13 years!

Nicola

Karen
25-02-05, 21:44
Hi Martin

Welcome to the forum.

I'm glad you are feeling much better and hope you find it helpful being here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Meg
25-02-05, 23:31
Hi Martin,

Well done for getting over most of the panic yourself. You've done really well

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

jill
26-02-05, 00:36
Hi Martin

Just want to say.
welcome to the site.

LOVE JILLXX

bubbles
26-02-05, 01:02
Hi Martin,

Welcome to the site.
You sound as though you have coped well. Good to hear you have been able to return to work.

Derbyshire is a lovely place to be. I live in Notts & often visit "our neighbouring county".

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

FAN
26-02-05, 11:45
hi welcome to the site

fan x

delta
26-02-05, 12:49
Hi Martin
Welcome to the site!
I have also been helped greatly by Dr Claire Weekes, I don't know where I would've been if I hadn't found her books.

Derbyshire is a beautiful part of the country, we visited Buxton a couple of years ago and plan to make another visit to the area soon.
Bye for now
Donna

lisarose
26-02-05, 13:37
Hi Martin and welcome to the forum.

You sound like you are doing really well and it's good that you are back at work. You will find this website really helpful and everyone is very friendly and supportive. I agree with you about Dr Claire Weekes, the books helped me loads when I was at my worst but finding this site has been the best thing that has helped me understand as you know that you are not alone with your problems and that everyone knows what it is like becuase they have all been through it or are still going through it. Derbyshire is such a nice place I have been there many times, I really like going to Bakewell. I live in Newcastle-under-Lyme in Staffs so it's not that far away and I am also 30 (31 next month).

Anyway take care and well done for getting through the worst!

Love Lisaxx

maxine
26-02-05, 14:31
Hello Martin,
Welcome to the site, you will find the most supportive people here who will support you all the way.:D

Take care
Maxine x

lainey
26-02-05, 23:37
Hi Martin

Welcome to the site, you'll get lots of help and support here.
Look forward to getting to know you.

Take care

Elaine x