PDA

View Full Version : Augh, why!? Evil ectopics...who else gets them with meals or adrenaline too?

Gryphoenix
30-12-07, 04:54
I've fairly gotten used to having ectopics and I haven't had them in awhile but then I ate some Chinese food and it felt kind of stuffy in my tummy like I ate too much (which I don't think I did) or had trapped wind, my chest then felt a little weird and tight, then I've gotten a couple tiny palps and then got a big old bubbly run of them not too long ago (the heavier ones that thump)! I haven't had those in ages, I always think that they'll keep going forever even though I know they won't.

Ectopics have caused me to panic which sucks becuase the more adrenaline I have I usually get one big ectopic on the winding down cycle of panic. I hate this because once I got the fright of my life when I got a giant painful ectopic when my heart was beating fast or hard due to excitement (so ton of adrenaline there), thought my heart had popped open or something and I freaked out because I thought my heart would just STOP or explode or something.

I do notice that when my heart gets above a certain rate, no ectopics--but once it slows down--here comes a big fat one. XD

So anyway I know I'm not supposed to avoid panic-inducing situations and I don't want to because I want to face my fears but there's that old memory of getting ectopics, which causes me to fear which causes the breeding grounds for panics and you get the general idea. Ectopics=panic=more ectopics. It actually doesn't happen all of the time, though, and I really don't get ectopics that much! Just the times it does, I tend to remember those more...XD I only get the painful twinge once in awhile too. Sometimes it feels like someone pinched me or pricked me.

Anyway just wanted to have a moan, I freaked out a couple mins ago. :D

Rachey poos
30-12-07, 15:09
i am so relieved i aint on me own with this... i always ge the eptopics ....runs of them on the calming down of a PA.... this is the worst the big thumps.... i ca have one big thump after the other... i sometimes get them when i have gone up the stairs and my ticker is calmin back down...it freaks me out!... have them after meals... especially if i get up and move around... some peeps say excersise helps but i am gettin them when i exert myself at times... i hate it...sure i am dying!!!!

shaz01
31-12-07, 00:27
Hi there,

Im exactly the same as you both, and yep mines are worse after I have eaten.

I had my daughters wedding yesterday and I got through the whole day without any palps, (was using rescue remedy lol) however today I have had little ones and I know thats now cause Im on the 'calm' down after my mega busy months lol. Yesterday was very busy, and very stressful however it shows that they do kick in when your bodys calmer.

Anyhow we are all fine and nope we AINT dying LOL.

Shaz x x