PDA

View Full Version : Petition to the Prime Minister for CBT

CarmR
30-12-07, 14:33
Hello everyone,

I hope you all had the best possible Christmas.

I am waiting for CBT on the Nhs and am doing the free online CBT course on the 'living life to the full' website recommended by my doc for life skills in the meantime..

I was looking on their forum just now(didn't know they had one) and came across this Petition to the Prime Minister to provide CBT within 2 weeks of diagnosis...probably will never happen but its a step in the right direction and the more people who sign it then the better..so come on guys lets all get together,family,friends and do something positive today,lol..have a look and sign it..we all moan about the state of this country...fuel prices,taxes,health care,etc and we dont get to do anything about it do we.

This petition is actually directly on the downing street website...theres only 91 signatures on there so far so lets get it higher!..
You can sign a petition on the site for most things...i did not know about any of this!

You will have to register with the 'Living life to the full' to use the site and forum which is very good..(there was a post on the forum before about it) but i dont think you have to, to sign the petition.

Anyway, i have put a link here for people to go to the petition....please have a look:)

http://www.livinglifetothefull.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1179

Thanks for reading

Carmel:D

CarmR
30-12-07, 14:35
Oh, i meant to say use the second link down when on the forum, first one dosent work...sorry
Carmel

Richie
30-12-07, 14:50
Dear Carmel was just looking for something like this thanx
didn't know there would ever be a petition about mental health issues especially regarding CBT thats brilliant and i will definately sign this petition
going there now :) things have moved on in parliment !
Love Richie x

Richie
30-12-07, 15:43
Hi Carmel went to the living life to the full website and have joined up to that, so thats good. i did find the thread on the forum and got to the Downing street website and signed the petition.
For anyone else who is interested you can go straight to the Downing st site, just Google it, you then just search CBT petitions and you will find it. The petition was started by Dr James A Richards so whoever he is thank god there are doctors who do actually care:)
If you really wanted to you can even e-mail Gordon Brown directly from the site lol x
Richie x:yesyes:

Richie
31-12-07, 20:51
Hey everyone, has anyone else signed the petition, thread started by carmel thought was a brilliant idea.
Its time that we all shout a little louder:yesyes: to be heard and even if this doesn't change a thing at least we have done our bit lol
It's real easy to do as well
Love Richie xxxxxx:yesyes:

CarmR
03-01-08, 17:06
Hi Richie,

I dont think anyone wants too sign the petition...Boo hoo,sob sob!,lol..

Oh well atleats me and you did...Thanks Richie
Carmel

Lilith1980
03-01-08, 18:22
I'm getting on there now....lets stick it to Brown :D

Lilith1980
03-01-08, 18:46
I couldnt see the link hun :(

Maybe you can put a link to the actual page in your post? Or maybe I am just being a numpty :D

CarmR
03-01-08, 20:14
Hi Lilith

Heres a link to the website and the petition directly on the site...hopefully it will be ok.

Thanks for taking time to go and sign it...like you said lets stick it to brown!...lol

Carmel:hugs:

CarmR
04-01-08, 12:39
Hello again

God, my memory is shot,lol...i forgot the link in last post.

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/Cognitive/

Carmel

CarmR
18-01-08, 13:24
Hi guys

Still time to sign the petition...closes on the 17th Feb 2008...even if it just brings attention or highlights the problem that its not readily available to people, then its worth it.

Come on guys:)

Carmelx

yorkylover
18-01-08, 14:29
Iv signed.:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

CarmR
18-01-08, 14:57
Thanks Ellen!.

Any ideas on getting everyone to sign it,lol..
Hugs to you:hugs:

Carmelx

ravid
27-10-08, 17:25
Carmel and those who voted:

The petition did not do very well and, more worringly, there is a new petition at http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/NHSCBT/ that actually seeks to limit the use of CBT and has 391 signatures to date. It states that CBT has only been used at it is cheaper than the other therapies. It appears the writer wants to increase other therapies and reduce CBT. This may be a good thing but I, for one, do not know.

If we want to react we will need to do so quickly and on a larger scale. We need to discuss how but I would suggest another petition that we know will be larger and with practitioner support. But I would like to know if CBT is as ineffective as the report states.

This is my first post on the site after a few days of looking but this topic seems to affect us all.

Rob