PDA

View Full Version : the best way to take propranalol ?

mirry
30-12-07, 13:46
Hi , I need to ask a question about propranalol please ......

The hospital have put me on 20mg 3 x a day ,,,but because i mainly get anxious when going out i tend to take them only once a day ,or if i stay at home then i wont take them at all.

But, is it better to take them as and when needed
OR take them 3 times a day ?

by taking them 3 times a day , will they cuild up in my system and work better for me ?

Also can i take a valium with them ?

any help much appreciated

joy
30-12-07, 15:28
A Dr friend of mine said its better to take them regulary for a while as they tend to work better that way. But they never worked for me so I wouldnt know really. I'm sure its safe to take a valium as well as I was prescribed both at one stage

Joy

mirry
30-12-07, 19:18
thanks joy , hope your doing ok lately ?

take care
:flowers:

Jaco45er
30-12-07, 19:23
I am always a little apprehensive about giving any med advice as I feel it really is for the proffesionals to advise.

Although I do have Beta-blockers that I take on an "as needed basis" after I asked the GP for something to get me through tricky situations (meetings for example).

I would have a chat with the GP Mirry :)

TC

Jaco

northern_sky
30-12-07, 19:25
I take mine two 10g tablets three times a day before meals. The only time I missed them I went a bit weepy but I was in hospital so may have been that!

joy
31-12-07, 11:42
Mirry
Not doing too great, still waiting for the sertraline miracle to work. LOL

Joy

michellemumof4
31-12-07, 12:21
I asked a Pharmacist this same question last week for a freind of mine , their advice take the propanilol regluarly wether u feel you need it or not as it builds up in the system .......

hope that helps

michelle

mirry
15-01-08, 14:06
thanks guys.