PDA

View Full Version : Rapid Heart Beat

*Broken_Mind*
30-12-07, 15:04
Hi everyone

For the past two days i have been feeling tired, weak, heavy headed and have a kinda rapid heart beat. Im so worried im dying. I keep getting a temperature too. I googled rapid heart beat but it keeps telling me about heart attacks :ohmy: im so scared.

Has anyone else had this?

Help!

Stacey:shrug:

dimblonde
30-12-07, 15:12
Stacey hun step away from the Google lol

Sounds as though you may have some sort of cold or virus and the rapid heartbeat is probably your anxiety levels soaring from worrying about being unwell...

Its not easy but if you can try and calm down and take some slow deep breaths you might find that your heart slows down a bit...

There is so many colds etc going round at this time of year hun so try and take comfort in that :)

Hope you feel better soon x

*Broken_Mind*
30-12-07, 15:15
thank you jo!

i keep trying to tell myself its nothing but a cold but my mind wont have it. I have a big night to look forward to tomorrow and i know its gonna be ruined by this :(

Thank you again xx

countrygirl
30-12-07, 19:45
If you have a temp then your body will speed up your heartbeat to deal with the temperature or so my Dr told me years ago. I had a flu bug and apart from all the expected symptoms I also had a fast heartbeat and he said it was completely normal as this is the way your body deals with viruses.

If you have a virus you may not feel very festive. I hope you feel better for tomorrow but if you really feel ill then give it a miss and pamper yourself.

lesleya
30-12-07, 22:18
Hi Broken-Mind and Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year
I feel a lot like you, tired, head and ears full, palputations etc. I panic about symptoms too, but, Ive had to make myself believe its the flu and it will all calm down when i feel a little better.
I really hope you feel lots better soon too so you can have a brilliant time at new year xxx
:bighug1: :bighug1:
Love and hugs

joan2007
31-12-07, 12:09
Hi, i also suffer from rapid heartbeat, almost all the time:weep: , but i know its my anxiety that causes it. Please try not to worry too much, I find deep breathing through my stomach helps:) , can take a bit of practice. All the very best for tonight.xxxx
JOAN:hugs: