PDA

View Full Version : My first post!

Tigga
25-02-05, 23:37
Hi!

Just found the forum and wanted to say what a brilliant place, is so nice to find such a supportive, warm group of people, and realise that there I'm not the only one in the world who feels like this!

Am now 26, and have has episodes of depression on and off since at school, keeping trying to bounce back, but the thought of going through this cycle forever gets a bit much sometimes. Has been a real help to read about people who have been there before me and managed to get through it!

xx

Meg
25-02-05, 23:41
Welcome Tigga,

Do you get panic attacks or anxiety with the depression ?

Which meds are you going onto ? It's great you are going to see someone who can navigate you through your issues.

Good luck

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

sal
25-02-05, 23:43
Hi Tigga

Trust me it does get better, takes time and hard work but you will get there. I tried without meds and couldnt get through it then i tried lots of meds and it took me a long time to find one that helped me, even a med that i tried early on but couldnt cope with side affects.

Welcome to the site and you will get lots of help on here. Good luck with the meds hope they help you hon.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

Karen
25-02-05, 23:47
Hi Tigga

Welcome to the forum. I've also had depression since my early teens. I know how it helps so much to know that there are who have been through similar things. Feeling like you are the only one going through it is really hard. Having recurrent spells of depression wears you down.

It is good that you have found yourself a therapist who can help you through this. I'm sure you'll get some good support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

jill
26-02-05, 00:33
Hi Tigga

Welcome to the site,

There are lots of nice people here who
will help and support you.

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

bubbles
26-02-05, 01:09
Hi Tigga,

Welcome to the forum.

It's good that you have found treatment & help. I take meds at present & found they helped me through the worst, a sort of 'breathing space'.

The people here are friendly & supportive & I'm sure that will help as well. It does get better!

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

seh1980
26-02-05, 10:06
hi Tigga,

Welcome aboard!! I'm sure you'll find loads of support here!!

Sarah :D

jude
26-02-05, 11:11
Welcome to the forum Tigga.

Good luck with starting your meds and the therapy.

Take care

Jude

Tigga
26-02-05, 11:36
Hi everyone,

Thanks so much for all your words of support, what a helpful thing to wake up to!:D

Meg - Anxiety has been an issue for me at times, and I do sometime still worry myself into a frenzy about nothing, but the main problem for me has really always been the depression, so that's what I'm gonna try and focus on first I think.

Looking forward to chatting to you all more over the next few weeks, and hope I can be of some use to other people too!

x

FAN
26-02-05, 11:42
hi welcome to the site

fan x

nomorepanic
26-02-05, 13:20
Hiya Tigga

Welcome aboard the forum.

Good luck with taking the meds today. I am sure that you are aware they may make you feel more yuck to start with. Which ones are you on?

Hope to hear more from you soon.

Nicola

lisarose
26-02-05, 14:20
Hi Tigga

Welcome to the forum - you have come to the right place!
You will receive lots of help and support from a very friendly bunch of people. I know how you feel - I have suffered post-natal depression since december 2000 and it was awful but I have come through it just left with anxiety now but am 95% better. This site has helped me loads in just two weeks since I found it and its very reassuring to know that everyone understands how you feel.

Hope it helps you as much as me.

Take care
Love Lisaxx

maxine
26-02-05, 14:28
Hi Tigga,

Just wanted to give you a big warm welcome to the site.:D
The people in here are a fantastic bunch and will support you all the way.

Take care

Maxine

Tigga
26-02-05, 19:29
Hi everyone,

Thanks again for all your messages of support, its helped me no end in keeping up my new positive outlook on the future!

Took my first Lustral tablet this morning, no ill effects of yet, though I know its very early days...
Have had terrible trouble in the past with being absolutely knocked out by previous meds, to the point where I could barely function at work, so am hoping that won't be the case this time round.

Anyway, hope you are all doing ok. Take care

xx

sal
26-02-05, 23:00
Hi Tigga

The hardest part about the meds is the side affects, i always have wondered why something to make you feel better makes you feel worse at the start, but eventually persevering with a tablet that in the past made me so ill, it has made me feel so much better.

Some work for people and some dont. Good luck with this one and yes it is early days but you have a positive outlook. Best of luck hon.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
26-02-05, 23:31
Hi Tigga

Welcome to the site, you'll getlaods of help and support here.
Good luck with the medication

Take care

Elaine x

lainey
26-02-05, 23:32
Hi Tigga

Welcome to the site, you'll getlaods of help and support here.
Good luck with the medication

Take care

Elaine x

Tracy68
27-02-05, 12:02
Welcome Tigga
As you can see you will certainly get loads of help and support from everyone here to get you through this.
Take care
Tracy
x

jo-jo
27-02-05, 12:43
Hiya Tigga

Glad you've found the site!

Good luck with therapy and meds :D

Best wishes
Jo xx

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"

nomorepanic
18-03-05, 18:40
Tigga

Your post keeps appearing on the active list but there are no new posts.

Are you editing it all the time? Is there something new that we are missing out on reading?

Nicola