PDA

View Full Version : new member

mary d
30-12-07, 21:14
Hi everyone
Havent a clue what im suppose to be doing, but here goes. I think i have been having anxiety attacks for the last 6 months, although i think it has been a lot longer. mainly after i was told i had to have an operation and fusion of my c5/6 discs in my neck. I then found out that it doesnt always work and that it could make matters worse. As i have a family to look after, a job that i love, i was devastated. I used to love to ski, walk for miles, hill and mountain walk etc but i am unable to do these at the moment. I have always being a strong self reliant kind of person and have taken it all very hard. I have brilliant children and a very supportive husband. I have found this has made things more difficult, as i do not want them to see me not coping. I found this site when i was looking for information for some of my weird symtoms i was having. They had being getting progressively worse and i needed some reasurrance and answers which i was not getting from my Doctor. The site has been great with plenty of advice, information and friendly chat. I thank you all very much. It has helped me greatly and i do realise now that i am not going mad.

Believe
30-12-07, 21:27
Hi Mary,

Welcome to NMP. Hope that you make loads of friends and get some advice.
Hope to see you around soon.

Remember you aren't alone.

Take Care

chalky
30-12-07, 22:22
Hi Mary,

Welcome to NMP.
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:
I had spinal fusion surgery ten years ago-mine was lower spine.It does take quite some time to recuperate and find what your new limits are.
Please remember "Rome was not built in a day".Give yourself time to adjust.If we were talking about your best friend being in this position,I'm sure you would urge her to be patient.
Look forward to meeting you in the Chat room.
Best wishes,
Chalky

yorkylover
30-12-07, 23:36
Hi Mary and welcome to nomorepanic.You will get lots of friendly advise here,and lots of support.:hugs:

Lindalou64
31-12-07, 01:58
HELLO MARY AND WELCOME TO THE SITE........WISH YOU WELL......LINDA

joan2007
31-12-07, 11:19
Hi Mary, im new to the site as well, i also have just been through surgery,hysterectomy, and suffering terrible anxiety and agrophobia. I am finding this site so so helpful, i hope it gets me back on track, and im sure it will be a great help to you also. Take care. x

groovygranny
31-12-07, 14:18
Hello mary:welcome: to you!

So pleased you've been getting help from the site already!

Having a supportive is family great - but please try not worry about them seeing you not coping. They'll want to help you through this so being honest with them will help them do this - I know from experience.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

julieb
31-12-07, 16:11
Hi and welcome xx ju

Nibbles
31-12-07, 19:13
Hi Mary and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. Have you considered trying a new doctor or perhaps even a new surgery?

Take care,

Mike :)

mary d
31-12-07, 20:30
Hi everyone,
Thanks for your replies. Was feeling sorry for myself last night. I know things could be worse and its not the end of the world. For the moment i am just wallowing in my own self pity, hopefully it wont last long.

Never being that patient Chalky, but you are right 'Roman wasnt built in a day'. Im just learning. Its amazing how many people have had or need back and neck operations,you dont realise until you are in the same boat. You obviously have recovered well, thats good. Your right again 'know your limitations', not at that stage yet, unfortunately. Wallow, Wallow, lol..........

Hope you are feeling a little better Joan. My friend had a hysterectomy a few years ago, i remember her being very low for a while. She was unable to do lots of things for such a long time. She didnt mind not doing the house work, it was the shopping that she missed.

I tried the chatroom last night, but not that confident yet, too fast for me at the moment. But very interesting and a good distraction. Will try again at a later date.

I have thought about changing Doctors, but from what i can tell they all seem to be the same. If your not fit and healthy they dont want to know, lol.

Again, thank you for all your support. x

kellie
01-01-08, 11:41
nice to meet you mary and welcome to the nomorepanic site. hope you have a better year in 2008. hope to see you in the chat room take care and best wishes for the new year.

nomorepanic
01-01-08, 19:09
Hi Mary

I just wanted to :welcome: you aboard and lovely to see you here.

Have a good read of the website pages on the left as well for loads of tips and advice.

Hope we can be of some help.

trac67
01-01-08, 21:24
Hi Mary,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx