PDA

View Full Version : Emergency bag to pack

Richie
31-12-07, 15:33
this is 2nd time written out and a "timeout " happened so got to write it again and can't remember half the things

Was just thinking about the pamphlet someone suggested with all the great tips from NMP members to keep close at hand in an emergency
So i thought it might be a good idea to have a bag packed especially for a time of crisis or sudden tragedy
You could put all the things you might need into it like a change of clothing, address book with important no's like doctors, samaritans, refuge houses, vets etc, flask of brandy lol , spare medication, mobile phone, toothbrush, nightie etc.
Just having it there would act as a sort of pacebo, cause when i'm in the middle of a nighmare just can't get myself together and am running around like a headless chicken lol
what do others think to this idea ? and what would you put into the crisis bag??????

jo61
31-12-07, 15:36
Some time ago I spent a night beside my mother who was on a trolley in a corridor of a busy hospital. I'd put in a book and/or some magazines

Jimbo
31-12-07, 15:49
This is a great idea. I have my 'crisis box' that has a list of all the things I can do to help me calm down, relaxation, music, etc. A few pictures of family and things that help me. Lavendar oil and crystals to help me focus.

Jim :hugs:

chalky
31-12-07, 15:55
Hi Richie,

My "crisis box" is a book-Understanding Anxiety and Panic Attacks".It was produced by the British Medical Association.I spend lots of time waiting around in my car so have time to flick through it.It gives me lots of re-assurance when I'm having a rough day.
Best wishes,
Chalky

nomorepanic
31-12-07, 16:56
Try this previous post as well - it is very good...

What would be in your 'Anxiety Toolbox'? (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3938)

Richie
31-12-07, 20:31
thanx for that Nicola had a look and it was very useful
Richie xxxxxxxxx

alexis
01-01-08, 02:20
I would still pack my blu tac and elastic bands!!