PDA

View Full Version : Internal/External Shaking during relaxation

franklin2003
31-12-07, 14:39
Hi everyone, i've started using relaxation tapes to combat my anxiety last night when i was using one for the first time as my body relaxed i felt as though I was tingling all over my body and my face began to spasam and shake lightly. Is this something I should be concerned about or is this just a relase off all the built up tension in my muscles!! The later would be great because i know the relaxation is working, but it scares me somewhat when my whole body vibrates as i relax.

joan2007
31-12-07, 15:47
Hi, great that your learning to relax, and yep the shaking and spasms are your muscles relaxing, they probably havent done that for a while,lol. Im doing relaxation through breathing, and the same thing happens to me, the better you get at relaxing, the less you will experience it.Hope this helps:)
JOAN x

happyone
31-12-07, 16:35
Hi,
I do guided relaxations a lot and yes, this is pretty normal. I think our bodies are working all the time and we just don't notice all these little jerks and twitches but when we relax, we do. As the previous poster said too, it is your muscles relaxing. It sounds as though you have a lot of adrenalin coursing through your body, which does give off a vibrating type feeling, or it can do. You will feel it less in time but may always feel it a bit. Don't worry if it is the latter, I do. In fact, I sometimes literally jerk as a bit of adrenalin finds its way into my knee or something! I try to welcome any feelings I have, as a sort of release.
Keep up the relaxations!
Happyone