PDA

View Full Version : Hi to everyone!!

Lexie
26-02-05, 15:51
[8D]

Hi to everyone I have just found this site and it has made me feel more confident just reading the messages and the advice.

I am 31 years old and I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks since I was 17 on and off. I found that councilling has really been so helpful. At the moment I am having councilling which involves hypotheraphy which scared me at first but I feel so much better after a session- I would recommend this to anyone else.

My panic/anxiety so far has lasted for the last month, I am getting alot better and I am willing to face my fears but at time it can be so hard. I have got alot of supportivr people around me. I am determined to knock it on the head once and for all this time. I have had to leave my job but as soon as I feeel I can cope I will get another job.

Well I hope everyone that reads this knows that on this site that we all know at some level what we are all going through and we must all stay postive!!!

Look forward to speaking to some of you soon
Lexie x x x x

vernon
26-02-05, 16:14
Ji Lexie, Welcome to the site. You do sound so posative and sure you will beat it this time, you do have the right way of thinking. We have a chat room here too if u ever fancy a chat its at

http://pub4.bravenet.com/chat/show.php/342349380

Usualy someone in after 8 30pm. take care, Vernon

nomorepanic
26-02-05, 16:19
Hi Lexie

Welcome to the forum.

I used to love Hypnotherapy and went every week for many months. Nowadays I only have about 1 session a year but still enjoy it. I wish it wasn't so expensive though!

You sound very positive so that will be a big help in your total recovery so look forward to hearing more from you.

Nicola

Meg
26-02-05, 16:24
Hi Lexie

Glad you're doing well this time around ..

You are not alone...

Meg
www.overcominganxiety.co.uk
You cannot conquer fear until you have learned what it is you're afraid of. The enemy is ignorance. Vivian Vance

FAN
26-02-05, 16:49
hi welcome to the forum

fan x

jude
26-02-05, 17:22
Hi Lexie,

Welcome to the site. Seems you are coping very well with the PAs. Well done.

Jude x

lisarose
26-02-05, 17:23
Hi lexie,

Welcome to the forum, I am sure you will get lots of help and advice here. Everyone is very friendly and supportive.

You sound like you have a very positive attitude and you seem to be doing so well so keep it up.

I have thought about hypnotherapy myself but could not afford it so rely on medication instead, I am glad you have found it so helpful.

Take care
Love Lisaxx

seh1980
26-02-05, 17:58
Welcome aboard!! :D

bubbles
26-02-05, 19:45
Lexie,

Welcome to the forum.
You sound as though you are coping well & in a positive way.
People here are very supportive & friendly.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

Karen
26-02-05, 20:02
Hi Lexie

Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you are doing so well and the hypnotherapy is helping. I am also seeing a therapist who does hypnotherapy.

You'll find a lot of support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

henri
26-02-05, 20:56
hi lexie,

welcome to the forum, it's great that you've found it, reading all the
posts will help you loads, i think. well done for having such a positive attitude.
hypnotherapy sounds interesting - how often do you have a session and - i hope you don't mind me asking this - how much does it cost? is it part of the counselling session or is it separate?
anyway, i look forward to maybe meeting you in the chat room,
henri

nomorepanic
26-02-05, 21:04
Henri - I used to have Hypnotherapy every week and it costs about £45 - £50 per hour session. Some charge more!

Nicola

sal
26-02-05, 23:10
Hi Lexie

Welcome to the site. Sounds like you are doing well at facing it.

Hope to hear more from you.

Lots of Love Sal xxxxx

lainey
26-02-05, 23:17
Hi Lexie

Welcome to the site, you will get lots of help and support here as I did.
You are on the right track by being so positive.

Take care

Elaine x

jo-jo
27-02-05, 12:39
Hi Lexie

A big welcome to you :D

Glad hypno is helping you, I had it too just before I got married and found it really helped - enjoy!

Best wishes
Jo xx

"courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear"