PDA

View Full Version : Panic on new years

jduh
01-01-08, 04:21
I spent new years eve at my best friends with my partner and all our close friends. There was only 7 of us and i didn't drink but after the count down and the entitial happy new years i started to feel really anxious, i'm not sure what brought it on really. I have a inclining it was because i started thinking about 2008 and whether it would be as crappy as 2007, about all the panic i might experience and it really scares me. I really don't want another year like this one.
Also i've had a couple of achievements, i managed to spend a whole night alone in my flat for the 1st time in 3 years. However no matter how i try to be positive about this i just can't help being bummed out that i can't do more. I feel like i should be getting over everything right now. I hate that it takes so long.
I'm sorry about this, i think the panic on new years eve shook me up a bit.
Hope you all had a panic free one!
x x x

lesleyB
01-01-08, 09:23
Hi, sorry to hear you had a bad time, but try to think about your achievements they were really positive. I know we all want an instant fix but it never works that way( wish it could), try to look forward and concentrate on the achievments you have made and try not to think about the panic, it will get better,
Hope you have a great year:yesyes:
Lesleyb

julieb
01-01-08, 22:16
jduh,

try not to dwell on it, i was telling myself its only a day, the same as any other day all day then out of the blue felt really anxious just after the countdown for no apparant reason. think its just the way we are, sometimes there is no obvious reason an we just have to accept that. i'm sure lots of people who dont suffer from anxiety felt exactly the same, its just the anticipation of a whole new year and a fresh start!!

ju x