PDA

View Full Version : Managing work-life balance.

Jackson01
01-01-08, 10:11
I am a manager HR in a small organization, dealing with all employees personally. I found that many of my employees are finding it difficult to maintain work-life balance. Because of this they are already exhausted when they come to the workplace and are not productive. These work-life balance issues are hampering their productivity. I want to address this issue as soon as possible.

PUGLETMUM
01-01-08, 12:07
hi, i am currently reading a book which is attempting to understand why so many westernised english speaking nations are full of depression and anxiety, i think it relates to your concerns - it is called AFFLUENZA by oliver james - it is a TIMES bestseller so by no means is it obscure or new. i hope this helps. emma

rossie_ray
02-01-08, 11:21
Tell me about it! Some of them are adopting policies to support work-life balance, including increased managerial workloads. It is important for employers to offer practices that appeal to all employees. The biggest obstacle to implementing good practice is in many cases the difficulty of persuading individual line managers to accept more flexible working arrangements. I came across a good site called http://workexcel.com which is having good resources and information on work-life balance and employees stress management issues. Go to their handouts page. There some free facts sheets and other resources that I have been pretty happy with. There are quite a few mental health topics. If you sign up on their list, you'll get them. I think every other month. They give the fact sheets to you in MS Publish, Word, and a PDF. You get rights to edit, copy, and distribute them internally.