PDA

View Full Version : Have ya ever thought,,,This Is different"?

panicagain
01-01-08, 13:25
I'm writting this in the middle of panic and a "no-sleep" night so please excuse the rambling. So when you have symptoms, whether it be pain, numbing, palpitations, etc, do you ever talk to someone that tells you their symptoms and think or say, "yea but this is different"? My hubby and i were talking and i told him the way i feel and he said he's had unexplained pain too but its nothing. Easy for him to say. He also always tells me "you've had this pain or something similar before and its been nothing" and i say "This is different" To me it IS different than the pain, etc, i had before, in fact, the pain i have now is nothing like anything i've ever had before and its persistant, its been 5 days now. It has had moments of getting alittle better but of course it came back. I'm sure i have cervical cancer:( or worse! I've been in the bedroom several times to wake hubby to tell him i'm going to the ER but then i turn around and walk out cuz i know we don't have the money to go. And get this,,,,on top of everything else, i'm a germaphobe and i for one am terrified of catching a germ or something in the ER. MRSA is very popular here now and i don't wanna chance that. So i feel like i'm trapped, can't get help,,,don't know if i need physical help,,,Do ya mind if i SCREAM?:D If i was the only one at home i probably would. I am glad that i'm not home alone though cuz that would only make things worse.
For those of you that have actually read through all this babble,,,,congrats. I'm done now :wacko: (love this smiley)

Believe
01-01-08, 13:34
Hello Panicagain,

So sorry to hear that you had such a ruff night. I know the feeling it's been a while but I use to have them all the time.

For somebody who has never gone through panic and anxiety, they don't understand, the pains or the fears. It is easy for them to tell you, you had this before. I am sure that your husband was only trying to put you mind to rest.Yes, I know you may not have wanted to hear him say that.

Have you seen a doctor? Are you taking any meds? And how long have you had this?

Welcome to NMP, hope that you have read the left hand side in the self help section. There's loads there to help you.

Where at in the states are you? I am in Florida.

Take Care and hope to see you around.